Chapter 27 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Chapter 27 Reviews

February 11, 2016
Leto's unsettling performance adds depth to an otherwise depthless movie.
October 29, 2015
Leno throws himself into the character but the script lets him down.
September 18, 2015
Don't watch this unless you're heartless!
July 30, 2015
I'm very surprised by the incredibly low ratings for this. If you haven't seen it, you may wonder why someone would make a film about John Lennon's killer. The film raises many important questions about love and anger and mental illness. It in no way glamorises the killer, but tries to figure out what was going on inside his head.
August 2, 2014
Jared Leto is great as Mark David Chapman. Completely disappears. That being said the movie has a lot of weird things going on within it. Its a good watch and it gets the point across but if you're really interested in the topic there are far more illuminating documentaries on the incident and the man himself. For the record I think Mark David Chapman is a useless fat murdering fuck who stole one of the worlds greatest gifts from all of us. I hope he gets raped in jail daily, killed if released and burns in whatever hell there might be for eternity when he does croak. Because of his epic narcissism we lost a true legend. For that I have no sympathy for his mental state or him in general. Let em rot!
August 1, 2014
Though Leto's performance is to be commended, there's just too much psychological phenomenon that occurred in the real Mark Chapman's mind to be covered in film. The thoughts that metamorphosed from idolising John Lennon to despising and eventually killing him just aren't covered enough to really bring the story to life.
July 17, 2014
A movie about john lennons killer. An unnerving character study. If you're into dark, psychological drama. then its for you.
March 22, 2014
now i knew nothing about john lennon or his death this is a strange but entertaing look into the last day of his killers freedom i still dont understand fully but lead singer of 30 SECONDS TO MARS LEAD singer does a great job playing his part as the creepy stalker who killed john slow but good
March 22, 2014
O assassinato da lenda John Lennon.
February 25, 2014
What might be the performance of Leto's career feels weighed down by a movie trying to be smarter (and ultimately better) than it really is.
December 9, 2013
The film manages to be entirely about Mark David Chapman without saying a single insightful thing about him.
October 19, 2013
I give Leto his dues for gaining 67 pounds for this role but his narrative and the story leave a lot to be desired.
½ July 16, 2013
Not an Oscar winning script but Jared Leto delivered. The massive weight gain, the Georgian accent and the creepy mannerism was so convincing. This film gives an insight into the killer's mind
½ April 27, 2013
The movie sucks! I feel bad for Jared Leto...
½ April 17, 2013
Jared Leto is freaking fantastic and 100% unrecognizable. But the movie should not have been made at all, this scum-fuck deserves no credit whatsoever, let alone a fucking movie. But it is well-made and Leto is literally out of this world, so I have to give credit where credit is dude, but honestly, why?
March 26, 2013
04.11 Damn Jared Leto was just amazing in this, its just too bad the movie sucked. Did he win any awards?? Because he should have, his transformation is amazing.And whats up with the actor in the credits who played John lennon having the same name as Mark Chapman, the guy who really killed him (their middle name is different) Is that just supposed to mess with our minds?
½ January 16, 2013
I thought that this movie really brought out the creepy factor around the killing of John Lennon.
December 23, 2012
An insight into the mad man that killed Lennon. It's funny at times & sad at the same time.
½ December 16, 2012
A mixed bag that left me feeling flat. I wish Leto's performance was for something more. Chapter 27 is a reminder of how VoiceOver can really ruin a movie sometimes.
November 5, 2012