Alpha Reviews

• 4d ago

Alpha was alright. Not my favorite movie and definitely not my favorite ending, but it passed the time.

• Oct 10, 2019

Excellent and heartwarming storytelling.

Excellent and heartwarming storytelling.

• Sep 06, 2019

My first review. After 63 years. I would not do it if I were not motivated. This is not a Disney film - and I mean no slight to them at all. I have loved many of their films. But to the point. This film is about survival for two different species who must learn to trust one another, and more importantly care for one another. I can't think of a way this could have been expressed more simply, and deeply, as this film did. Not that anyone should care what I think - but what did you think? Tell me how it could be better, and I promise I'll listen to you.

• Sep 05, 2019

Excellent Visuals, Good acting. Nothing too flashy, keeps the movie as simple as it should be.

• Sep 01, 2019

This is a bit of a strange one, to be honest. ‘Alpha' can't seem to decide if it wants to be a coming-of-age flick set in the prehistoric age or a dog film – it tries to be both and ends up being neither. The premise itself sounded interesting, but as it turns out, the writers clearly didn't know what to do next once they'd come up with the original idea. And so the whole film (barring a few minutes at the beginning and the end) is spent watching a kid walk across some admittedly pretty scenery with a few cliché situations thrown in here and there. Nothing particularly exciting or interesting happens. Of all the directions they could have taken this, the one they ended up going with has to be one of the most boring. It's simply forgettable.

• Aug 08, 2019

Awesome movie. Emotional and made it feel about as real as you could make a boy-befriends-wolf movie feel. Some nice performances from the leads as well.

• Jul 24, 2019

This movie is far from an epic adventure. It fails to keep me interested with the character and the fact the movie used bison freshly killed and skinned for a scene to me is atrocious and selfish behavior. You can convey an animals death with props. Dances with wolves did that with the buffalo and it is one of my all time favorite movies. I also think this movie is a far cry from most survival movies I have seen. The characters seemed vacant for the most part and the plot was utterly predictable and lousy.

• Jul 16, 2019

Filme visualmente muito bonito, porem com roteiro entediante e cheio de cliches.

• Jul 14, 2019

You can cut out all the dialogue and you'll still understand what's going on + Alpha is super cute.

• Jul 06, 2019