Argo - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Argo Reviews

September 10, 2017
Very suspenseful and gripping with a almost unbelievable true story
½ August 7, 2017
Amazing. Camerawork can be dizzying at times, but the acting and execution were overall brilliant. Made the audience laugh and cry.
July 23, 2017
This movie is awesome. In my top 5. Very, very suspenseful.
July 19, 2017
Finally got around to watching this film, should have done so sooner. Stellar performances by Cranston, Arkin, Goodman & of course Affleck. The film didn't rush any of its acts, it instead took its time to build up tension & anticipation for the final act. Affleck proves again his great directing abilities.
July 16, 2017
Another really well done movie by Affleck. What a talent the guy is. Story about a group of people in the U.S. embassy who need to escape Iran during a major revolution. Historically its great because you really feel likes its 1979. Casting Alan Arkin was great for some comic relief. Good movie.
June 30, 2017
The writing, the music and the suspense is all really well put together and that is a credit to Affleck, George Clooney and Chris Terrio. They blended a lot of the real-life events that happened, including the secret award Mendez received for his efforts, and passing on credit to the Canadians (their fake-movie was a Canadian film) before it became declassified until the late 90s. The only criticism I have of it is I believed it took too long setting up, and not enough time showing their struggles when in Iran, but that's simply nit-picking. Argo is a very good film, and one deserving of its Oscar win.
June 29, 2017
Argo is a cinematic landmark and a triumph of Affleck's career as a director to be absolutely masterful.
June 28, 2017
What I love about Ben Affleck's "Argo" is that it is a movie that maintains a breakneck intensity upon every viewing. I was always captivated by the story and was constantly just wondering how these people were going to escape. This a great thriller that is equal parts a great drama. Affleck delivers in both acting and directing. He builds the tension so naturally and does a stellar job directing the film. It is one of those movies I can just watch over and over againa and truly enjoy it. The story is captivating, the tension is nail biting, and the movie even delivers some good humorous moments. It's the complete package and is a must see movie.
June 21, 2017
What great film making! Ben Affleck proves himself a much better director than actor. I liked the SwissAir brand in the movie by the way ;)
½ June 20, 2017
An interesting historical drama dealing with conflicts between USA and Iran. Good acting and some tense moments towards the end cover for some of the slower filler scenes.
AAW GGWD. 1001
June 10, 2017
Alan Arkin and John Goodman are the best things in this one. I think I liked Ben Affleck's beard more than the story
May 31, 2017
Tense and thrilling, Argo will keep you on the edge of your seat. Ben Affleck is unflappable and the drama will satisfy moviegoers.
½ May 25, 2017
great story suitable movie
½ April 30, 2017
Suspenseful and surprisingly well done.
½ April 2, 2017
The good Americans save other good Americans against the very wicked bearded Muslims fanatics. US state propaganda film that predicts the bombing of Iran (after bombing Iraq).
½ March 4, 2017
Well directed, good writing, and impacting visuals.
March 1, 2017
Affleck's magnum opus. A story that is expertly told, visually stunning, and as filled with tension as one can possibly handle.
½ February 28, 2017
Interesting, but not overly impressive. Also, the film's historical inaccuracies are heavily overlooked.
February 25, 2017
"an oscar thriller. intense."
½ February 15, 2017
The movie was really breath taking and had some stressful moments. I expected quite too much of this movie (some critics considered this movie as fabulous). Actually, the movie was great, but had some lacks. That's why it shouldn't win the oscars for the best picture ...