Argo - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Argo Reviews

½ January 13, 2018
Awesome; left the Tony's Family history back and that's the only big mistake.
January 8, 2018
Great and energetic, exciting.
½ December 31, 2017
Solid film but to me it was a little unspectacular and unsurprising.

It looks great, and has solid performances however.
December 18, 2017
Puntaje Original: 7.5

Con una trama intensa e intrigante, Argo es la película ideal para mantenerte pegado a la pantalla y atraparte en la historia heroica de estos personajes.
November 28, 2017
This movie "ARGO" has been in my watching list for couple years. It's good movie people said and that's true. This film is based on true story of United State history called "Iran hostage crisis". I really like 3 minutes back ground story from the beginning it's such a good start. Some scenes are real footage just like the movie "Patriots Day". American will love Canada more after watching this movie. Thank you Canada.
½ November 27, 2017
This great entertainment of a movie would have been better had it been historically accurate. It feels like the only thing they got right were the names of the people involved. Nevertheless, it is a great script with great actors and direction
½ November 20, 2017
A masterfully directed, and very intense movie! Ben Affleck is a great director!
½ October 23, 2017
This is a well made and well acted movie. The entire cast did an amazing job and not only does Affleck stand out, but Goodman & Arkin are amazing together & Bryan Cranston is great in anything he does. Great telling of an international event.
½ October 13, 2017
Great movie - It 's smart and intense. It's made even better because it's actually based on a true story.
October 8, 2017
With his third remarkable feature film, Ben Affleck shines both as a director and actor in this tense, exciting and darkly humorous story with attention to detail and fine characters.
September 21, 2017
Even before "Argo" was nominated for its 7 Oscars, I never really cared for Ben Affleck; matter of fact, I can't stand him (thinking he's all high & mighty). And even though this film won 3 Oscars including Best Picture, I'm not gonna watch for spite of... Ben Affleck; plus, I've heard there were some historical inaccuracies. But at least Ang Lee won Best Director for "Life of Pi", so it isn't much of a total loss.
September 10, 2017
Very suspenseful and gripping with a almost unbelievable true story
½ August 7, 2017
Amazing. Camerawork can be dizzying at times, but the acting and execution were overall brilliant. Made the audience laugh and cry.
July 23, 2017
This movie is awesome. In my top 5. Very, very suspenseful.
July 19, 2017
Finally got around to watching this film, should have done so sooner. Stellar performances by Cranston, Arkin, Goodman & of course Affleck. The film didn't rush any of its acts, it instead took its time to build up tension & anticipation for the final act. Affleck proves again his great directing abilities.
July 16, 2017
Another really well done movie by Affleck. What a talent the guy is. Story about a group of people in the U.S. embassy who need to escape Iran during a major revolution. Historically its great because you really feel likes its 1979. Casting Alan Arkin was great for some comic relief. Good movie.
June 30, 2017
The writing, the music and the suspense is all really well put together and that is a credit to Affleck, George Clooney and Chris Terrio. They blended a lot of the real-life events that happened, including the secret award Mendez received for his efforts, and passing on credit to the Canadians (their fake-movie was a Canadian film) before it became declassified until the late 90s. The only criticism I have of it is I believed it took too long setting up, and not enough time showing their struggles when in Iran, but that's simply nit-picking. Argo is a very good film, and one deserving of its Oscar win.
June 29, 2017
Argo is a cinematic landmark and a triumph of Affleck's career as a director to be absolutely masterful.
June 28, 2017
What I love about Ben Affleck's "Argo" is that it is a movie that maintains a breakneck intensity upon every viewing. I was always captivated by the story and was constantly just wondering how these people were going to escape. This a great thriller that is equal parts a great drama. Affleck delivers in both acting and directing. He builds the tension so naturally and does a stellar job directing the film. It is one of those movies I can just watch over and over againa and truly enjoy it. The story is captivating, the tension is nail biting, and the movie even delivers some good humorous moments. It's the complete package and is a must see movie.
June 21, 2017
What great film making! Ben Affleck proves himself a much better director than actor. I liked the SwissAir brand in the movie by the way ;)