Artemis Fowl Reviews

• 8h ago

I have to say that I agree with the majority of reviews here. This was a major disappointment.

• 9h ago

God awful. We're just told this kid is super smart but he did nothing throughout the movie to actually show that. Also, please stop trying to make Josh Gad happen Disney.

• 9h ago

Nothing about this movie makes sense. Multiple times it goes out of its way to make sure the audience understands something, then has the opposite happen as if it were a payoff. The acting is very bad, with the notable exceptions of Josh Gad and Colin Farrell who are doing the best they can with what they're given. The only consistently good thing about the movie is the set design, which is ruined by terribly choppy editing. There's nothing to like about this movie, whether you're a fan of the book series or not. Closest comparison: It's like Spy Kids by way of The Last Airbender (2010). Setting: Hidden World Plot: Ransom Tone: Kids Adventure

• 11h ago

It was boring and strayed so far from the book there was nothing left to hold my interest.

• 11h ago

There are no emotions, not even from the MAIN protagonist Ferdia Shaw, with a disappointing debut, even the SECONDARY characters such as Lara McDonell and Colin Farrell that although they give a lot of enthusiasm in their performances, they do much better, and having little screen time, but They couldn't save this Kenneth Branagh adaptation anymore, still, if looking for entertainment and fun, Artemis Fowl would be an option, but an unlikely option for Disney to make a franchise that you might or might not be waiting for.

• Jul 08, 2020

Yikes, what they do to Artemis Fowl. Lack luster story, condensed with nonsensical plot points and characters with weird pacing. It feels like they had along story to tell and chopped it up to the point where there is no story worth watching anymore. In addition, CGI is pretty choppy here or there and sometimes it looks good but most times its gross. Not worth the watch even as a fan of the series

• 1d ago

All 18 minutes I managed to sit through this were horrible. Can you give something negative stars? For some context, although I could complain at length about all the issues, at the end of the day the reason this is terrible is because it's Artemis Fowl AU fanfiction. Artemis Fowl, whose main driving character trait is that, in the absence of his parents' oversight, is running the Fowl family criminal organization on his own, in the movie, says, "my father is not a criminal" and that was the moment I stepped away. Everything else built up to this crystallizing moment where it became obvious that what the movie was doing was taking the names and some character traits of Artemis Fowl and slapping it on the story they wanted to tell. This has all the narrative integrity of a Lord of the Rings fanfiction where Aragorn is a barista in a London coffee shop.

• 1d ago

Why!?!?! Disney, why did you have to ruin one of the best children's fantasy series of our century. Now, it is less likely that others will find this great book series because they will think that the movie is a reflection of the book. But, it's not! You've done to Artemis Fowl what Fox did to Percy Jackson. My only hope is that another studio will pick up the rights and make a better/closer adaptation for Artemis Fowl (and someday for Percy Jackson). I know it can happen - HBO has done a wonderful job with His Dark Materials. Fingers Crossed....

• 2d ago

This just might be one of the worst movies of the 21st century...

This just might be one of the worst movies of the 21st century...

• 2d ago

This movie will anger fans of the source material and leave newcomers befuddled. Everything is all wrong. Even the casting of the Butler and Holly. And Artemis being the hero instead of villain is stupid.