Beastly - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Beastly Reviews

½ October 31, 2016
A modern take on 'Beauty & the Beast' that failed tremendously. Tedious & cringe worthy with virtually zero chemistry between the 2 leads - it was hard to watch. This doesn't even compare to the Disney classic of 1991, and that was a bloody cartoon. No stars from me.
September 26, 2016
Love this movie. Great message. Better than the book. Shows that beauty is truly more than skin deep.
½ September 26, 2016
A bloke has a curse placed on him where he learns that instead of being mean, he can be creepy.

Absolutely nobody on the planet would behave like a single one of these characters, and if that weren't the case, this movie would still suck. Gets the extra star for LisaGay Hamilton & Neil Patrick Harris who, though still ridiculous, are at least endearing.

(Also he's way hotter as The Beast).
September 12, 2016
Best movie i have ever seen. Wish i could watch it every day. Grate message. Recommend it for everyone
April 24, 2016
I just liked the witch character, none of the protagonists were likeable
November 25, 2015
Tries to tell a cautionary tale about how looks aren't everything but fails completely.
½ November 19, 2015
It's too much expected that an old story like Beauty and the Beast is tread along so much that there isn't much left to work well with. Such is the case with Beastly, a retelling that has little to tell in the procedure. It's writing is on the levels of Twilight and it's leads are somehow even worse than Bella and Edward. If you're a teen girl or someone who who's trying to find a date movie. Beastly may fit your expectations. But for me, it was just too obvious and poorly executed to put a spark in the old story.
November 8, 2015
I know this movie is not gonna do the book justice but I'll watch it :)
October 14, 2015
It is a modernized tale of Disney's Beauty and the Beast. It has a few scenes that are similar to Disney's Beauty and The Beast. it is about a girl, a beauty, who sees underneath the beast, and sees the man who he truly is. It is about looking underneath looks, i.e. seeing a person for who he truly is. The saying "Beauty is only skin deep" is explained in the movie. Beauty sees the beast for who he is on the inside, beside his appearance.
½ October 11, 2015
I really loved the book and the details added into the actual story. I'm also a sucker for anything that is based off of the classic Beauty and the Beast story. Unfortunately the story was there, the effort was not.
½ August 2, 2015
I liked it, a nice twist to a classic tale as old as time
July 24, 2015
The idea was good, but the result wasn't so good. There's only two things that I enjoyed in this movie: the lightening in some shots and Neil Patrick Harris' acting.
June 21, 2015
July 7th 2011
June 20th 2015
June 6, 2015
I actually really liked this movie. It is cheesy and corny, but it was still cute. I liked that they didn't try to completely reinvent the story and stayed true to the original.
½ April 23, 2015
I wanted this film to be good. It wasn't.
April 12, 2015
Beastly is an updated version of the story we all know and love about a Beauty who falls in love with a Beast. However, this retelling involves high school, New York City and environmentalism. Overall, a very cute high school movie with good chemistry and nice story. The only part that I found far-fetched as an adult, is two minors left together because one parent is a drug addict and the other is a narcissistic tv personality. Otherwise, a beautiful, dark fable.
April 6, 2015
My expectations were low very low actually but I was surprised it was not that bad
March 29, 2015
lazy script writing and week casting in the title role do little to help a movie that wastes this old fairytale
March 23, 2015
awesome movie for those that are Beauty and the Beast Fans. Great twist to a prequel and full storyline.
½ March 22, 2015
It was sappily touching in that teenage-appeal kind of way, but the acting was admittedly wooden, and the bad script doesn't give the attractive leads anything to work with. Alternately sappy and stupid.