Blood Diamond - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Blood Diamond Reviews

Page 1 of 1947
November 10, 2016
Halfway through, I'm thinking I'd rather be doing something else. It doesn't have the realism it needs to keep me gripped. It would benefit from focussing on fewer characters, like in The Killing Fields. The story lists and sprawls. Can't see me gaining anything I've not felt before.
½ October 16, 2016
I don't understand why this movie got 62% from critics. Then again that's why I'm not a critic, but to all those critics... chill out a little bit, look at all the other garbage movies being made. This had some great acting especially from Djimon Hounsou, he made you feel the characters suffers and agony.
FiLmCrAzY
½ October 16, 2016
i love this movie i cried at the end this is a powerful true movie that you cant help but enjoy, Decaprio is brilliant and does accent brilliantly really powerful entertaining movie that shouldnt be missed!
September 12, 2016
It acknowledges the atrocities related to blood diamonds, but adds very little the discussion of the subject.
½ September 7, 2016
Between the AK's firing the wrong way and DiCaprio's awful shifting accent, between American, South African and Austrailian with a little bit of Indian in there; the plot takes a long time to get going and when it does it doesn't really go anywhere thet you haven't already seen on the news or elsewhere. The only saving grace for this movie is Djimon's performance.
September 6, 2016
Generic film with a cringeworthy performance from Leonardo DiCaprio
August 22, 2016
***
'Blood Diamond' showcases an amazing performance from South African DiCaprio, and features likeable characters surrounded by world of chaos and destruction. Issues with the movie lie with it's erratic pacing, overlong run time and ultimately cliche story, which is done in such a way that you know the ending way before you should do. Overall though, a solid drama for a rainy day.
August 19, 2016
Very much enjoyed this movie due mostly to the convincing acting of those involved. The movie is straight to the point and sheds light on an issue many Americans aren't familiar with in the slightest. Leonardo DiCaprio shines as usual.
August 14, 2016
Ever played a game called Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3? Remember the maps named Bakaara and Village? Well, welcome to the movie adaptation. Blood Diamond tells a very simple story that appeals to a wide audience. A man wanting freedom and a man wanting his family back after they were taken by African Militia must team up to find one of the biggest diamonds Sierra Leone has ever produced. An extremely simple set up mixed in with great performances, a great score and a terrifying setting. Sierra Leone in 1999 was a war driven place and this film showed the real dark and cruel side of life at that time. Putting likable characters into a situation like that just makes you care for them more. Leonardo DiCaprio is always great and Jennifer Connelly was good too but who stole the show was Djimon Hounsou as Solomon Vandy. Everytime he is on screen, you feel his raw emotion. Simply superb acting. Blood Diamond is one hell of a thrill ride!
August 7, 2016
very solid acting and great violent, bloody action all around. Would have been higher but there was a little too much history thrown in there that was apparent enough from the action. Good movie.
jamrcla
July 29, 2016
Really enjoyed it, A moving film that's got a great plot and well acted by all the cast.
July 1, 2016
I thought this was a very well done film with a very visceral feel to it. It keeps you unsettled all the way through, with its depictions of conditions and atrocities in Africa, circa the late 90's. I thought that all of the cast did a tremendous job in this gritty film, but Leonardo DiCaprio and Djimon Hounsou really stood out in their performances. I thought the story was paced very well and good character development was weaved throughout the film. I wouldn't say that I thoroughly enjoyed it, given the content, but I cannot deny that this film was incredibly well made and engaging.
June 24, 2016
such a good movie. cast really shines and there's not a dull moment.
June 21, 2016
Underrated movie that may be hard to watch but relevant.
June 20, 2016
Blood Diamond, have some great performances on it, it's a compelling story about a hard to talk problem that had or keeps happening on the real world, which make this movie so intense.
June 12, 2016
Amazing. I can see very well why they got the nomination for best actor and supporting actor.
½ June 11, 2016
How can the critics give this a 62%?
They are so jaded and need to be replaced.
May 24, 2016
I thought this was a great movie! Definitely makes my top 10 of all time.
May 13, 2016
Blood Diamond had everything to shine, but instead that, Edward Zwick prefered to transform the scenes sequence in a mess, making Leonardo Dicaprio dive into a boring, predictable and cliched war movie that has nothing to add, unless an awful soundtrack to influence the audience to turning off the tv.
May 13, 2016