Blood Diamond - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Blood Diamond Reviews

Page 1 of 1947
March 21, 2017
Were the critics high?!??! How is this at 62%! This is a great movie don't kid yourself with the rating.
½ March 20, 2017
great movie with a great story. awesome acting and very moving. a little long but some very intense scenes. (about 3 viewings)
½ March 11, 2017
This wasn't that bad but I would consider this as a guilty pleasure.
½ February 25, 2017
Blood Diamond is well-acted, well-directed, and contains juicy social commentary. The film also, unfortunately meanders too long until it finds its general purpose to be as great as it could be.
February 23, 2017
This is by far the best based on a true story movie, I have ever seen. It opens ur eyes to what is actually happening, to get those precious diamonds. You pay money and they pay with their lives more often then not. If ur soo interested in diamond jewelry get conflict free ones.
February 21, 2017
Grade - B-
'Blood Diamond' showcases an amazing performance from South African DiCaprio, and features likeable characters surrounded by world of chaos and destruction. Issues with the movie lie with it's erratic pacing, overlong run time and ultimately cliche story, which is done in such a way that you know the ending way before you should do. Overall though, a solid drama for a rainy day.
½ February 18, 2017
A very well directed movie that shows the horrors that happened during the civil war in Sierra Leone.
DiCaprio, Djimoun Hounsou and Jennifer Connelly all give outstanding performances and play very well written and fleshed out characters.
The cinematography is gorgeous and the score by James Newton Howard is haunting.
This movie will make you think twice about buying a diamond ring!
½ February 9, 2017
Solid action flick with loads of politics and money involved. Some cheecky fella visits Sierra Leone to smuggle some diamonds. This is a rugged business and you are made to make enemies and shady friends you should stay far away from. At the same time a diamond digger is hiding a huge rock from his bosses and it costs him dearly. If he want's to see his family again, what's left of it at least, he must give up where he stashed it - knowing he probably will die afterwards. This is not an easy task, but when the two mentioned characters become friends and takes on trips and other adventures like fake reporters you are in for a rush.

Well acted. The main trio does great in this film where the characters and they're development is key. Great story, still very easy to figure and predictable at many turns. A good thing there is many of them then. Cliches - plenty of them, and the film is using most of the big tricks, but it works. Most of them. Not that cliff ending, though. It get's a bit much at times, like calling in an air-raid (like it's no problem) and then running around in the middle of it. Pretty darn idiotic.

I liked the film, but there are moments where I don't know if the main thing here is to fill it to the max with action, or keep the story and message.

7 out of 10 yah's.
February 2, 2017
Unbelievable movie - great storyline keeps you on the edge of your seat from beginning to end. Above average cast that delivered some memorable performances. A very authentic experience that succeeds at making the viewer feel that they are in the heart of the action.
January 30, 2017
Really good story and very well done.
½ January 29, 2017
Solid action flick. Bit hard to believe at times. Brings an issue to light.
January 25, 2017
A veces (por x motivos) a uno se le pasan películas y se le pasan no más. Por años. En este caso específico fue debido a mi histórica reticencia a ver películas de Leonardo DiCaprio. Siempre le encontré mucha cara de cabro chico y no le creía nada a las películas donde interpretaba a un adulto, jaja. Lo que llamo "El efecto LaPlaya-Titanic", jaja (por dios la película sobrevalorada "Titanic". "La Playa" al menos es derechamente mala, jaja). Creo que él empezó a sobreponerse a ese efecto actuando de forma sólida desde que lo empezó a dirigir Scorsese. De todas formas nunca se me pasaron "Inception", "Lobo de wall street", "Django sin cadenas" y "Los infiltrados". Hubiese sido demasiado. Si tengo pendiente "La isla siniestra" y "El Aviador".

Bueno, Blood diamond (2006) fue una de las que se me pasó. Ya tiene 11 años, ya es un clásico del cable xD. Siempre quise verla, pero la presencia de DiCaprio me lo impedía, jaja. Me pareció sólida, pone en 1ra plana muchos de los temas que uno ha leído/visto cuando un libro, documental o reportaje profundiza en África: interminable lucha por el poder, inestabilidad social constante debido a ello, presencia desmesurada de armas en el continente (lo cual tuvo su génesis en los europeos más sin ética según he leído), niños entrenados como soldados, refugiados, trabajo bajo esclavitud, etc. Por eso la película es chocante desde sus primeros minutos. Muy cruda su acción, muy acorde con lo poco que he leído sobre parte de África. Muy buenas escenas de acción, asfixiantes.

El personaje de DiCaprio es despreciable casi de inicio a fin. Muchas veces habla muy bien su inglés africanizado (aunque a veces tb como que se le perdía). Eso tb es parte de una buena actuación. Sólido. Muy bien Djimon Hounsou (a quien siempre he identificado como "Digimon", jaja), linda actuación. Merecidas ambas nominaciones al Oscar por actuación. Bien manejada la historia entre DiCaprio y Jennifer Connelly, es sutil y no cae en tonterías típicas. Buena la interacción entre los 3 personajes. Al final son Digimon y Connelly quienes (SPOILER, por si alguien ha estado escondido 11 años en una cueva) llevan a la redención a DiCaprio. Muy lindo.

En síntesis, un poco desordenada (quizá por a veces querer mostrar demasiado sobre la realidad de parte de África) pero bien buena. Una buena película de acción intentando poner conciencia social detrás. 4 de 5.
January 18, 2017
I thought this was a good movie and interesting story that kept you guessing until the end. Good cast too
½ January 12, 2017
Too long. It takes an hour for there to be any clear direction to the story. Once it gets going, it slumps into exploitative action sequences instead of really focusing on the serious (and more interesting) subject matter at hand. Beyond all that, I didn't feel like Archer (DiCaprio's character) was any less selfish by the end than when he was first introduced as a low-class diamond-smuggling thug.
January 8, 2017
Helmed by a pair of strong of performances from Dicaprio and Hounsou, the film remains entertaining and strong despite it's sometimes preachy message. Bonus points for a beautiful, action-y finale.
January 3, 2017
Blood Diamond is a very touching movie. It shows the story of Danny Archer a diamond smuggler who is after a big diamond which can change his life. The relationship between the two characters i.e Danny and Solomon is very well show. They eventually don't trust each other but soon become good friends. Leo delivers a terrific performance and so does the rest of the cast. The story is very simple and sweet. My only problem with this movie is that it is a little long and some scenes could have been edited. Overall this is a must watch.
December 17, 2016
An oscar worthy performace.
December 8, 2016
At times it's racing with action and adrenaline but mostly boring and bad accents.
November 10, 2016
Halfway through, I'm thinking I'd rather be doing something else. It doesn't have the realism it needs to keep me gripped. It would benefit from focussing on fewer characters, like in The Killing Fields. The story lists and sprawls. Can't see me gaining anything I've not felt before.
½ October 16, 2016
I don't understand why this movie got 62% from critics. Then again that's why I'm not a critic, but to all those critics... chill out a little bit, look at all the other garbage movies being made. This had some great acting especially from Djimon Hounsou, he made you feel the characters suffers and agony.
Page 1 of 1947