The Bourne Identity Reviews

• Feb 19, 2020

This thriller movie was very good. Matt Damon did a fantastic job as Jason Bourne. The plot to the movie was very suspenseful and the fight scenes were awesome. This movie will go down as a classic. If you haven't seen this movie yet, check it out. You'll love it and it'll make you wonder what's going to happen.

• Feb 06, 2020

Matt Damon does his Damon best.

Matt Damon does his Damon best.

• Jan 28, 2020

One of the greatest spy thrillers ever...truly an achievement in story telling.

One of the greatest spy thrillers ever...truly an achievement in story telling.

• Jan 19, 2020

An exhilarating and original thriller like no other! Doug Liman's espionage thriller The Bourne Identity (2002) is a groundbreaking political thriller of assassinations and cover-ups with a gripping story from Robert Ludlum. Liman's direction is genuinely shocking, creative, and enthralling as he takes you around Europe for visceral action like you've never seen before. The Bourne Identity influenced every action sequence and hand to hand combat choreography scene after it for a reason. The quickfire punches and kicks coupled with kills with household objects is insane to watch Jason Bourne kill at will. Liman truly influenced every action movie after him, which is no small feat. Ludlum's story is a riveting espionage tale about botched assassinations, intricate government overseas operations, and sleeper agent killers just waiting for an assignment. Combining the curious intrigue of an assassination with amnesia and federally sanctioned murders, The Bourne Identity starts out an endlessly entertaining espionage narrative over the course of the trilogy. I love the end theme from Moby as well. It's iconic and synonymous with the series with good reason. Matt Damon is engaging as Jason Bourne. His frustrated condition from his memory loss is sympathetic, his action prowess is undeniable, and his decent hearted hero is endearing. Jason Bourne may very well be not only Damon's best character, but The Bourne Identity may be his greatest film. He is just unforgettable whether he's killing men with pens or convincing his love interest to run away with him. Franka Potente is wonderful here as an innocent victim of circumstance who falls in love with Bourne and his magnetic charisma and obvious skill. His decency and gentle nature make Bourne likable, but interesting for Potente to act opposite. She's sympathetic as a character, but Potente is empathetic for the audience to experience her journey alongside Bourne. I love how Franka Potente just seems so genuine and sweet in this world of killers seeking hits. Chris Cooper is perfect as the government head of Treadstone. He plays ferocious and callous very well with an effortless fervor. Brian Cox is reserved, yet memorable as the man behind the shadows. I like Julia Stiles as the fixer for Treadstone, who is in over her head. Clive Owen is the star supporting role as the hitman called The Professor. His focused sniping is scary, but his duel with Damon in the field is legendary already. Overall, The Bourne Identity is original and exhilarating. You will love this movie forever.

• Jan 14, 2020

A solid action movie. Watch it on a friday night with popcorn.

A solid action movie. Watch it on a friday night with popcorn.

• Jan 10, 2020

Great movie, very fun. action packed.

Great movie, very fun. action packed.

• Dec 19, 2019

While I find it the weakest of the franchise, it entertained me and kept me engaged

• Dec 18, 2019

superb, perfect very tight scenario, atmosphere, amazing car schenes filmed in Europe perfect should be #1 in the list

• Sep 13, 2019

Of the 2000s Bourne trilogy I believe this is the weakest installment. It needed a stronger villain and more compelling plot. Still, what we get is a lot of fun. Damon is great, there's some awesome action, and I was engaged throughout.

• Amiibo