Cliff Walkers Reviews

• Jun 20, 2021

Movie from the masterful auteur Zhang Yimou... An intricate plot double-cross spy thriller. It is a sumptuous production with amazing cinematography. This period thriller offers a gripping story with a good combination of action and melodrama from the beginning to the end. The movie sets in beautiful snowing Harbin. The camerawork excellently capturing the falling snowflakes while capturing the pulsating action scenes. Well-acted casts esp main protagonist Hewei Yu. His controlled performance when aching to watch his comrades dying and calm when defending himself in front of his equally amazing cold-blooded arch antagonist Ni Dahong. Highly recommended.

• May 17, 2021

Really beautiful, except some of the music score was a very twee harmonica... but at the end I actually admitted to my husband that I wasn't smart enough to follow most of it. His response: "Same." SUPER CONVOLUTED. Which I usually appreciate and can make sense of. Not this time.

• JW
    May 17, 2021

Entertaining. Good action scene. Story too drawn out

Entertaining. Good action scene. Story too drawn out

• Johnny
    May 14, 2021

Amazing movie, incredible performances and a fantastic story and production, one of the best movies I've seen in a long time!

• May 10, 2021

Many mesmerizing moments touched my heart. Fantastic pictures presenting and immersive storytelling. Nice film, I and my family love it so much!

• May 10, 2021

Good story. Beyond my expectation, love it

Good story. Beyond my expectation, love it

• May 08, 2021

Hard to follow, even reading all the subtitles. It was very serious movie & topic. But hard to tell the characters apart cuz they all were dressed alike, in black, long coats, hats. Yeah, all wore BLACK HATS, our enemies Imperial Japan, and our enemies turned temporary allies the ChiComs trained in the USSR. Plus, the movie was a production of todays Chinese Communist. Bit I saw it with verifiable AMC A-LIST at the block, 5.2021

• May 08, 2021

I see a lot of foreign language films, and I usually have no difficulty following along. I was so lost watching this. Everyone was a spy, and I had no idea what was going on for most of it. I'm glad many people seem to have enjoyed it though. Stylistically, it was beautiful, quite visually stunning. But I couldn't give you a summary of the story if I tried!

• stefiam
    May 06, 2021

Beautifully shot. Great performances. Impossible to follow.

Beautifully shot. Great performances. Impossible to follow.

• Casey
    May 03, 2021

Great movie! Nice snow scenes of Harbin, China. I kept worrying about the 4 main characters for two hours.... Director Zhang is really good at telling stories!