Danger Close Reviews

• 2d ago

It would help if the makers of this movie actually read the history.....

It would help if the makers of this movie actually read the history.....

• Jan 18, 2020

Very realistic good historic portrayal

Very realistic good historic portrayal

• Jan 10, 2020

A vivid and mostly accurate account of one of the most fierce battles the Australian and New Zealand forces undertook in the early stages of the Vietnam War. Well acted and superbly shot film that will leave you amazed at how intense and confronting the battle was.

• Jan 07, 2020

A must see. Usually war movies are all the same, but the level of production and Travis Fimmel phenomenal performance makes Danger Close great!

• Jan 05, 2020

not interested in watching

not interested in watching

• Gimly M Super Reviewer
    Jan 01, 2020

I don't at all dislike War films, but they're also not of a genre that is particularly close to my heart. Danger Close didn't do anything for me that changed that, but, if you're a fan, and are interested in the ever-elusive "Anything other than the Yanks in WWII/Vietnam or the Brits in WWI/WWII", you could do a lot worse than give Danger Close a chance, but if you're looking for strong characterisation, you could do better too.

• Dec 29, 2019

If you want to know what really happened, look at the Long Tan documentary narrated by Hugo Weaving. It has interviews and real radio transmissions. This thing was pretty well done for what it was worth however it was historically inaccurate and unhelpfully melodramatic. They certainly didn't do roll calls after battles at that time!

• Dec 23, 2019

Long overdue reflection on history.

Long overdue reflection on history.

• Dec 15, 2019

it was an enjoyable movie... pity one of the main characters was an american from the punisher series (the good guy turned bad) but if I didn't know I wouldn't have noticed - he was pretty good... and an enjoyable movie... not the usual australian movie but a good watch..

• Dec 14, 2019

it was a great mix of action, suspense, human drama, courage, all based on a true story, fill with fresh faces. I would watch it again