The Family Stone - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Family Stone Reviews

January 14, 2018
Love the interaction of the family. I wish more movies were like this.
January 8, 2018
Sweet and well acted but not quite convincing and silly over the top.
½ January 1, 2018
My favourite Christmas film. Humourous, sad, romantic, dramatic and thoroughly enjoyable.
December 29, 2017
So good. Low rating cause not all reviewers are deep/ like cute movies haha. Great cast and my favourite movie to watch at Christmas.
½ December 9, 2017
This movie is one of my all time favorites. I understand a lot of people disagree, but this movie is not about Christmas, even though that's what many people think. Its setting takes place during Christmas time, but that is not the point of this movie. The reason why it is my favorite, is because the acting is realistic. They capture the intimacy of what a true family would look like. I understand some of the characters are annoying and unlikable like both Meredith and Amy who represent the extremes, however you are not always supposed to like every character in every movie, otherwise all movies would be boring. Again, just because it takes place on Christmas does not mean that was the point that this movie was trying to make. It makes you look beyond that, it tells a unique, intimate, and unconventional story about life. I think the whole point of this movie was to show intimacy and the ugly side of all families during Christmas. Not just the fake cookies, gifts, and facade that we all put up front about how smooth life is, when its just not.
½ November 26, 2017
Veldig hyggelig julefilm med mye humor!
November 5, 2017
A gem of a movie. I watch it every year for the holidays. Multiple times. ??
April 6, 2017
An OK drama that was fine to see once, but it lacks the holiday magic I was looking for. I wouldn't really call it a Christmas movie. (First and only viewing - December 2005 in theaters)
½ February 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
December 29, 2016
Has it's problems and eye rolling moments, but overall the good outweighs the bad quite a bit with such a great cast.
December 27, 2016
Watch it every Christmas. Love love love.
½ December 8, 2016
The Family Stone is a disjointed, heavy-handed, uneven mess. This movie is full of unlikeable characters with no discernible motivation for their actions. It tries too hard to be quirky and dramatic and ends up being clichéd and annoying. Aside from very brief interesting moments, this movie is a waste of time.
November 2, 2016
For reals amusing if you can get past the cringe factor of Sarah Jessica Parker tweaking her neurotic Sex In The City character just enough to make her even more neurotic and narcissistic.

Surprisingly enjoyable and doesn't end up where you'd expect...
½ September 23, 2016
it was good, sad though
½ June 23, 2016
Laughed and laughed. Fun & full of love. Sadness too.
April 1, 2016
You'd think I'd have seen it by now, I work at a theater.
March 28, 2016
classic bitchy family dramedy. some things just aren't believable but I don't care because Luke Wilson.
February 6, 2016
Weird. As the family holidays usually are...
January 6, 2016