Friends With Money - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Friends With Money Reviews

½ September 8, 2016
Bottom line of this movie? WE ALL HAVE PROBLEMS. Yes, even if you're rich & have a job you love.
WOW, how insightful. A few good lines & a couple subtle zingers does not translate to a good movie (*not* "film"). Don't waste your time. Basically a redux of Anniston's "Office Space" role. At one point I'm pretty sure she even has an identical line.
July 6, 2016
Enjoyable, although they could have added another 30 mins with more storyline
March 16, 2016
I really liked this movie and all the good people in it, but was really disappointed with the ending.
½ March 9, 2016
Friends With Money ne raconte pas grand chose, mais le film de Nicole Holofcener nous fait rentrer dans l'intimité de quatre amies (trois riches comme Crésus et une forcée de faire des ménages) et le fait plutôt bien. Suivant le personnage de Jennifer Aniston, jamais aussi bonne que dans ce genre de rôle, Friends With Money se trouve être un film émotionnellement fort, assez souvent drôle et surtout d'un calme olympien, ne tombant jamais dans l'excès ni dans l'hystérie. Seulement voilà, il faut cependant reconnaître le défaut de sa qualité : Friends With Money n'aboutit à pas grand-chose une fois le générique arrivé. Dommage car Frances McDormand, Catherine Keener, Joan Cusack et Scott Caan sont excellents aussi.
September 14, 2015
Better than expected intelligent drama with a good lead performance by Aniston.
½ July 7, 2015
Perfect? No. Engaging and fun? You bet.
June 24, 2015
A witty, well-acted, and very funny look at friendship and materialism.
June 3, 2015
Nicole Holofcener comes outta nowhere and delivers an astounding insight into American hopes and dreams that's breathtaking. A chick flick that's better than any chick flick I've ever seen. Don't let this one past you by. Great performances all around.
No CGI though.
Even better.
May 24, 2015
It doesn't always work, but even when if starts to feel a bit forced -- the actors' performances lift the film back up and keep it interesting. And, as is her gift Holofcener creates a number of potently observed human interactions that are both painful and funny. As much as I enjoyed it, I can easily understand why someone else might not.
January 20, 2015
This is when I loved Jennifer Aniston the most. This role was bare bones normal, a real and flawed woman.
½ November 4, 2014
Great movie but sooo depressing!!
½ June 22, 2014
Not quite as good as Lovely and Amazing but still an essential watch if you're into Holofcener's other films.
May 5, 2014
Enjoyed this for the second time. Not a huge story, and not a cute rom com as you might expect with Jennifer Anniston.
Jennifer plays Olivia, a down on her luck teacher working as a maid.
Her three friends are better off financially, but having their own struggles.
The funniest part was the lady screaming that a customer pushed in front of her in line. The movie is funny, but it's a black humour.
More something for a 30 plus to watch. I don't know that a younger audience would really get it. Not one for someone who likes all happy endings and sunshine in a movie either.
February 13, 2014
One of the better features of aging-women-in-dying-relationships genre, but it doesn't work on all levels as much as it thinks it does.
January 23, 2014
I put off watching this for ages because I just assumed it was another Jennifer Aniston (exchange the guy, get same movie) Rom Com. I also can't keep any of her movies straight because they are so similar so I wasn't sure if I'd seen it or not. Anyways this was very good due to the ensemble cast. An Interesting and well acted character study about 3 different 40ish couples struggling through midlife despite their wealth. JA plays the single loser friend. Loved Joan Cusack and also Frances Mcdormand's storyline. Interesting to see Jennifer as a pot smoking,slacker with no self confidence however she was still just another reboot of Rachael Green. 01/13 (2)
December 30, 2013
A film that has no real purpose or goal but still manages to display an interesting group of characters. It's nothing really tremendous but you'll have a pleasant time i guess if you enjoy that sort of film where nothing happen or change from start to finish.
December 21, 2013
Nicole Holofcener's slice of life film in the lives of four friends is more powerful than you will realize as you watch it. Great performances by all involved.
½ September 8, 2013
Wasnt much point to it, but passed the time
½ August 17, 2013
A little bit depressing in its realism but good nonetheless.
½ August 3, 2013
I was surprised, I really enjoyed this film. The characters, stories, the conversations, etc. were funny, witty and enjoyable.