A Good Year Reviews

• Nov 14, 2020

"A Good Year" didn't seem to surprise me at all, as after seeing countless of other Rom-Com movies, this one I have found one of the most forgettable. It is not relatable, as well as it is not funny, in fact, I have not laughed a single time. Everything just seems so unreal, so taleish, that you can't take this movie seriously. Yes, you don't have to think at all in this movie, which is one of the reasons to like it besides Russell Crowe, but nothing else to it feels fantastic. It is not shot in some remarkable way and in fact has some pretty rough transitions, that are unpleasant to watch. It is very forgettable at a lot of points, which is why this movie can just be called a movie. It is not bad, nor it is good. Yes, there were a few good moments, but there is really not much to say about it. No thrill, no emotional counterpart, as well as you barely feel anything for the characters. A pass and a 5/10, I barely remembered this movie's name while writing about the films I have seen in the past week.

• Oct 14, 2020

I found this movie by accident, and after watching it quite a few times - it is one of my favorites. Love the story. Love the scenery. And I absolutely loved the humanity it showed. In my personal top 10.

• Sep 23, 2020

What on earth did they think they were doing? An incomprehensible plot mumbled by actors who didn't seem invested in it for a moment. What a complete and utter waste, of time and talent.

• Sep 07, 2020

Perhaps not as humorous as it intends to be, still has strong secnes and acting from loads and supporting cast

• Jul 07, 2020

Great movie great locations lifes good

Great movie great locations lifes good

• Jim
    Jun 30, 2020

Touching simple story of realizing what it's really important in life and to slow down and appreciate it if you can.

• Jun 25, 2020

There is no way this much talent should be able to make a film this boring.

There is no way this much talent should be able to make a film this boring.

• Jun 18, 2020

Alles is erg 'meh'. Crowe en Cotillard houden de film overeind.

Alles is erg 'meh'. Crowe en Cotillard houden de film overeind.

• Jun 09, 2020

Great! One of the best in my watch-list.

Great! One of the best in my watch-list.

• May 14, 2020

Have watched this film again and again. I would guess that the bad reviews come from those who don't understand the English/French rivalry which is so well portrayed with comedy and affection. Great casting, each actor a perfect pastiche of their regional character. It doesn't matter that we know what will happen, what matters is that we can bask in the fabulous Provençal atmosphere.