Gypsy 83 Reviews

• Feb 21, 2019

poignant indie drama about queer (not just LGBTQ queer) youth on a journey. I have thought about this movie many times over the years, a sure sign of its power. The fact that stars like Karen Black and John Doe make appearances is extra!

• Sep 08, 2016

If you ignore the stupidity and the predictable clichés that this film puts across, it's actually pretty enjoyable.

• Dec 08, 2014

Aside from some plot holes and lack of Stevie Nicks songs in a movie that worships her (both of which can be chalked up to being a low-budget indie film), this is an incredibly enjoyable movie. It's one of the few movies I know that explores the relationship between a gay man and his female best friend and real life problems that come up. Could it have been improved with a bigger budget and more time? Definitely! But as it is, it's a tiny indie gem, and it shows us Sarah Rue's amazing rack, which is a big deal in itself!

• Apr 22, 2013

I thought this movie was beautifully told about misfits and the teenage goth culture, especially as this was the first culture as a teenager I became fixated upon, therefore I could relate a lot. Both characters are loveable and makes me smile throughout

• Nov 30, 2012

75% "Look granny, I am a pretty girl, ok? Big and beautiful, haven't you heard? And for the record, I don't give a flying fuck or rolling rim job, what you or anyone else thinks of me. Your dismissed."-Gypsy Vale (Sara Rue) I swear I saw some slimfast in front of Ms. Rue, Jenny would be pissed, possible lawsuit. The film is a much tamer version of THE DOOM GENERATION. "I think I'm past my watward-sex-fag-hag-test-fuck phase...but thanks for the offer. It's just, been there done that."-Gypsy Sara "Earth Girl" Rue rocks.

• Sep 15, 2012

probably would've liked this better if I was a big fan of stevie nicks or into the goth scene.

• May 29, 2012

Nothing new here really, a road trip with the ultimate aim of performing at the 'Night of a Thousand Stevie Nicks's ' - heaven help us if there is really such a thing! There are gay goths, runaway Amish and Karen Black singing in a redneck bar! Watch only if you don't have a better option.

• Jul 18, 2011

This is one of the worst movies I've ever seen. And I even like Sara Rue and the Cure and gothy gay boys. :P

• Jun 26, 2011

I really enjoyed this movie thought it was funny and interesting and had a pretty good story line.

• May 28, 2011