Haunter - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Haunter Reviews

October 24, 2016
A very clever take on a ghost story!
October 15, 2016
This film is very intriguing. While it lacks some scares, it's more about the mystery behind why a dead family has been left behind in their home. What their unfinished business is, and coming to the realization that they are dead. The special effects are somewhat overdone, but it's a really neat film and I think it deserves a good rating.
September 9, 2016
With all the focus of those episodes of Freddy's Nightmares back in the 80s, the blurb is more interesting than the movie & 90 or so minutes quicker to get through. The young lead actress, bless her heart, is about as effective at selling emotion as a legless bloke recommending a pair of runners.
August 5, 2016
There's nothing brilliant or revolutionary about Haunter but it's a decent horror/ghost flick.
July 5, 2016
Half ghost story, half murder mystery, makes for a somewhat confused movie. The idea that the main character has to solve her own death, though she doesn't start out knowing that she is dead, and then prevent the murder of another family is rather interesting. However, I feel that when a plot becomes too over crowded it can lead to it feeling rather flat. Maybe if it had been her own death she was trying to stop or prevent maybe it would have felt a little better to watch?

I mean why did none of the other ghost girls try to stop the murders before hers, 'hey happened almost a half dozen times before. Maybe she was the chosen one to stop it? Nothing really seemed so special or unique about her as a main character to warrant it could have only been her to end the reign of terror. And there might be the underlying problem, she's not enough of an interesting heroine to warrant being the special.

Oh well, the ghost murder is stopped, the family we don't much about or have spent time with lives, and the main character gets to stay dead. Whatever will be will be, I guess.
½ June 3, 2016
The plots of two different Supernatural episodes combined.

Not as many Pokemon as there should have been.
June 1, 2016
amusing and confusing at times
April 30, 2016
Ground hog day with ghosts, pretty cool idea
March 4, 2016
Theres not much in terms of story or content or performances, but only those wanting to see very mildly spooky horror movie might want to see this. But overall its disappointing horror movie, Abigail seems to have just one expression for being afraid, and she stuck with it throughout the whole 90 mins !
½ February 26, 2016
It's a little bit slow. With a mixture of Nightmare on Elm Street. Overacting on the girl's part.
February 21, 2016
It was really good and very underrated movie.
February 7, 2016
A novel concept, somewhat half-assed. Natali's haunted house flick isn't without its bumps in the night; a middling pace, telegraphed jump scares and a, dare I say, haunting notion that there's a better movie underneath all of its failed ambition. McHattie steals the show, and this ghost flick is almost entirely work a recommendation for his turn as the Pale Man. 'Haunted' comes off as a bit of a wasted opportunity, serving schlock in place of suspense, nevertheless, this is unique kind of ghost story: one that's destined to give you the chills, but highly unlikely to linger.
January 24, 2016
No idea why this has such a low score - it's definitely worth watching, especially if you enjoy haunted house movies.
November 28, 2015
6.3/10
Really interesting story with some twists here and there, but overall it felt way too complicated when it didn't need to be. But still it was more than you would expect from an independent "horror" movie, from one of the most creative and interesting horror directors, Vincenzo Natali.
~November 27, 2015~
½ November 21, 2015
WARNING: THIS REVIEW CONTAINS LITTLE SPOILERS!

I have to go back to this movie again, because to me it looked like the movie "The Sixth Sense". I don't want to get into more of this because I don't want to give any spoilers of that movie

Anyways, it looks like a good movie, but overall, the sequence of days kept repeating and it started to get boring. I fell asleep because of that and really didn't even wake up until the final twenty minutes left of the movie.
½ November 19, 2015
A good change to a horror film with the ghost being haunted by another ghost.
Stayed pretty interesting through out the film. Nothing scary with no scenes to make you jump. I enjoyed it, and would recommend this as being a good watch.
November 15, 2015
Uma história de fantasmas para fantasmas.
½ October 15, 2015
The only thing on Brazilian television. I liked the idea of things scarily changing a la Groundhog Day.....I did not like anything else.
½ October 11, 2015
A different but interesting take for a haunting.
October 2, 2015
Pretty cool little trip of a movie. Does well at keeping you engaged which is good cuz if you miss something in this film, you'll be fuckin lost.