Haunter - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Haunter Reviews

½ October 17, 2017
Intriguing premise, though the execution is a bit lacking.
September 7, 2017
I enjoyed this film, but it would have been better had I not read other reviews that spoiled it somewhat. The film makers and writers expect you to remain unsure what is happening then unravel it yourself rather than let a review spoil it. So go ahead and watch it without reading other reviews.
½ August 23, 2017
May not be the scariest movie but it adds great detail in sound settings, cinematography, special effects with good scenes and the location setting. I think the director and producer did a great job with this film considering its budget.
½ May 22, 2017
Well, an original take on a Supernatural movie and more dark than The Others it was interesting to watch with good performances. I just felt it really tried waaay too hard.
February 2, 2017
Good execution mystery twist movie, great acting of abigail breslin. very different perspective about haunted house
January 16, 2017
Good acting. I liked how the storyline shows things from the perspective of the dead (reminds me of Beetlejuice), though not as a comedy. I would have liked a few more scares but all in all I did enjoy this movie.
½ January 14, 2017
I see zero movies in this realm, so it was probably more gimmicky than I noticed. 5.5/10
October 24, 2016
A very clever take on a ghost story!
October 15, 2016
This film is very intriguing. While it lacks some scares, it's more about the mystery behind why a dead family has been left behind in their home. What their unfinished business is, and coming to the realization that they are dead. The special effects are somewhat overdone, but it's a really neat film and I think it deserves a good rating.
September 9, 2016
With all the focus of those episodes of Freddy's Nightmares back in the 80s, the blurb is more interesting than the movie & 90 or so minutes quicker to get through. The young lead actress, bless her heart, is about as effective at selling emotion as a legless bloke recommending a pair of runners.
August 5, 2016
There's nothing brilliant or revolutionary about Haunter but it's a decent horror/ghost flick.
July 5, 2016
Half ghost story, half murder mystery, makes for a somewhat confused movie. The idea that the main character has to solve her own death, though she doesn't start out knowing that she is dead, and then prevent the murder of another family is rather interesting. However, I feel that when a plot becomes too over crowded it can lead to it feeling rather flat. Maybe if it had been her own death she was trying to stop or prevent maybe it would have felt a little better to watch?

I mean why did none of the other ghost girls try to stop the murders before hers, 'hey happened almost a half dozen times before. Maybe she was the chosen one to stop it? Nothing really seemed so special or unique about her as a main character to warrant it could have only been her to end the reign of terror. And there might be the underlying problem, she's not enough of an interesting heroine to warrant being the special.

Oh well, the ghost murder is stopped, the family we don't much about or have spent time with lives, and the main character gets to stay dead. Whatever will be will be, I guess.
½ June 3, 2016
The plots of two different Supernatural episodes combined.

Not as many Pokemon as there should have been.
June 1, 2016
amusing and confusing at times
April 30, 2016
Ground hog day with ghosts, pretty cool idea
March 4, 2016
Theres not much in terms of story or content or performances, but only those wanting to see very mildly spooky horror movie might want to see this. But overall its disappointing horror movie, Abigail seems to have just one expression for being afraid, and she stuck with it throughout the whole 90 mins !
½ February 26, 2016
It's a little bit slow. With a mixture of Nightmare on Elm Street. Overacting on the girl's part.
February 21, 2016
It was really good and very underrated movie.
February 7, 2016
A novel concept, somewhat half-assed. Natali's haunted house flick isn't without its bumps in the night; a middling pace, telegraphed jump scares and a, dare I say, haunting notion that there's a better movie underneath all of its failed ambition. McHattie steals the show, and this ghost flick is almost entirely work a recommendation for his turn as the Pale Man. 'Haunted' comes off as a bit of a wasted opportunity, serving schlock in place of suspense, nevertheless, this is unique kind of ghost story: one that's destined to give you the chills, but highly unlikely to linger.
January 24, 2016
No idea why this has such a low score - it's definitely worth watching, especially if you enjoy haunted house movies.