Hocus Pocus Reviews

• 6d ago

A huge classic wonderful movie

A huge classic wonderful movie

• Nov 08, 2019

"Oh Look, Another GLORIOUS MORNING. MAKES ME SICK!!" This is my absolute favorite Halloween movie! It has become a cult classic, deservedly so. The Sanderson Sisters are an example of perfect casting and all 3 of them take turns stealing the show. I'm so excited Disney is finally making an official sequel and plans on bringing back Bette Midler, Kathy Najimy and Sarah Jessica Parker.

• Nov 05, 2019

I love this move so much

I love this move so much

• Nov 02, 2019

This is a really comfy, entertaining, fun Halloween picture to watch. Just goes to show that big critics dont know fudge about film. I was initially surprised to hear this movie didn't do well at release. It was destroyed by The Firm(1993).. a film I've never even heard of. But after looking into it I understand why. As Disney pictures thought to release this picture in July. And they didn't have a good understanding of which audience this film would be best marketed to. But rest assured it found its mark eventually. The cast, the story, the score, the visuals, the effects, it's also somewhat quotable. It's a comfy family Halloween movie. If you dont feel like watching Jason slicing up the sexy teens this year, or you just want to watch something with your kids, then perhaps Hocus Pocus will fill your spooky needs.

• Nov 02, 2019

This is a family-favorite Halloween comedy that's formulaic & muddled but ultimately a harmless romp; energized by the committed zaniness of the Sanderson Sisters (lead memorably by actress Bette Midler) - 6/10

• Oct 31, 2019

This was a delightful film with a wonderful cast. Before it's time, and with negative reviews for being too scary it's since become a cult classic for it's surprisingly deep characters, and amazing special effects (for the time). This one of those times when the critics were dead wrong.

• Oct 31, 2019

It could just be that I was emotionally distressed when watching this, but I think this takes from other sources, even if the story is cute. I wish the main witches had more dynamic. The children's ascribe also deserves praise, which makes this worthy of watching for those with nostalgia.

• Oct 30, 2019

One of the best Halloween movies of all time

One of the best Halloween movies of all time

• Oct 29, 2019

A Halloween Classic. Puts joy in the creepy holiday.

A Halloween Classic. Puts joy in the creepy holiday.

• Oct 28, 2019

Review: ‘Hocus Pocus' is a family-Halloween film directed by Kenny Ortega. It is based on a story by Garris and David Kirschner. I don't like this movie. I'm sorry, and I know it's loved by lots of people, I personally can't stand it. If you enjoy this movie, don't read this review, skip over it and go to a different one, unless you can take criticism for movies you like and understand movies are subjective. After 300 years of slumber, three sister witches, Winifred, Sarah and Mary (Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker & Kathy Najimy) are accidentally resurrected in Salem on Halloween night, and it is up to three kids Max, Dani and Allison (Omri Katz, Thora Birch and Vinessa Shaw) and their newfound feline friend to put an end to the witches' reign of terror once and for all. Aside from Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker and Kathy Najimy who play the witches and Thora Birch, everybody in this movie was kind of bad. I didn't get into their characters because they were so over acted, but in a way where the over acting was bad acting, and I just got so confused with what was happening on screen. I don't understand all the hype this movie gets. I know it's a Halloween cult-classic and aside from ‘Halloweentown' it's the most Halloween family film there is around, but that doesn't make it a good movie. The timing is weird, the editing is off and the acting doesn't go anywhere with little character development. Overall, I won't be going back to this one for the next couple Halloween seasons. There is just no enjoyment I get out of it and it's such a disappointment because I really do want to like this movie. 2/5