Joker Reviews

• Oct 22, 2020

It's dark, it's super gritty, and it's politically relevant. Don't expect to be happy coming out of it. Phoenix is a worthy successor to Heath Ledger's Joker.

• Oct 19, 2020

Its soundtrack, visuals, and acting are stunning, and the plot is good enough to keep one entertained and remind them of why we should treat everyone kindly

Mark B Super Reviewer
    Oct 19, 2020

Joaquin Phoenix transforms into a new, original take on the Joker adding another great addition to probably the best arch-villain icon.

• Oct 18, 2020

Epic film, masterpiece, even went to see it twice

Epic film, masterpiece, even went to see it twice

• Oct 17, 2020

I believe that every artist no matter what form of the arts they are in, whether it be art, photography, dance, music or film has or will have a masterpiece. I watched Joker for the second time tonight and I feel that Joaquin Phoenix's performance as Joker is his masterpiece. It is an absolutely stunning performance. To sit and watch this already tragic characters fall into psychotic madness was almost heart breaking. In the past I've watched Batman movies with the Joker as the bad guy, typical Hollywood stuff. The first time I watched the film I was totally taken by surprise at Phoenix's take on the villain I have read about in comics and seen in films and cartoons since I was a kid. I never gave thought to what circumstances made him go off the rails, well you don't do you ? You sit and watch the film and come away thinking, that was good or that was crap. This is the first time ever I have watched the Joker in a film and thought about his mental condition and his mental condition is what the film is about. I was gripped from start to finish and felt so sorry for this man, beaten down by life in a city where people have no regard for anybody but themselves. I have worked in mental heath, I think this is as close as you will get to seeing someone slip into madness without actually being there and seeing it with your own eyes. I'm sure it's going to be a long long time before I see another performance that even comes close. Stunning, gripping, tragic, heartbreaking, brilliant, just a few words to describe Juaquin Phoenix's performance and in my humble opinion they don't come close, but they're all I've got.

• Oct 14, 2020

this is one of the best of 2019 incredible script pleasing the public and criticizing.

• Oct 14, 2020

As is a consistent problem with all narrative formats, Joker uses mental illness as a crutch to tell its story. Relatively standard fare for an anti-hero's decent into wickedness, the film is nicely rounded out by a superb performance by Joaquin Phoenix, and dripping wet and dingy cinematography to match. These elements add up to a motion picture that is gripping on the whole.

• Oct 12, 2020

Best "Batman, The Begining" story. Outstanding, deep and emotional movie. This movie is addictive - emotions we going through with Joker are strong and left stamp in memories.

• Oct 11, 2020

Great movie and Joaquin Phoenix does a brilliant job of doing joker action awsome

• Oct 09, 2020