Last Love Reviews

• Nov 14, 2018

O Último Amor de Mr. Morgan (2013) - #MovieReview 3,0 ?? Viúvo conhece ao acaso jovem professora de dança que o faz sair da amargura da perda da esposa e problema com os filhos. Belo filme sobre a velhice e perda dos entes queridos. Caine se destaca.

• Jens S Super Reviewer
    Jul 31, 2017

Slow but lovable drama about an old man coping with his wife's death and the acquaintance of a quirky young woman. While nothing spectacular happens, the film is carried by its performances, especially Caine and Poesy have a great chemistry together. I'm just not entirely sure I was okay with the solution.

• Feb 05, 2017

The weird twist at the ending spoils the whole film despite Michael Caine gives a solid performance.

• Jan 14, 2017

Caine can't seem to settle onto an American accent to use. And the more the movie goes on you realize just how unlikeable the character is until, ultimately, there is no point in watching it at all.

• Dec 12, 2016

Sabes lo que quisieron hacer, y sabes que la cagaron en todo

Sabes lo que quisieron hacer, y sabes que la cagaron en todo

• Oct 19, 2016

The negative critics ought to spend more time around those who have lost life's partner. They may have had a better empathy. I liked that it was low paced as it was in line with the melancholy of the main character. I felt the performances of both Caine & Poesy were excellent,

• Mar 02, 2016

A beautiful film about finding companionship when you least expect it and discovering how meaningful a true friendship is.

• Jan 17, 2016

The one star is for the gorgeous interior and exterior locations. Otherwise if it was possible to bestow a negative number of starts, that is what would happen. Michael Caine was beyond bland, making the premise of the young woman falling for him totally absurd. It was painful to watch the actors going through the script, obviously hoping for "finis" to mercifully put an end to it.

• Jan 02, 2016

Just what we were looking for and I'm so glad we ignored the critics in tomatometer as usual.

• Dec 19, 2015

This movie delves deep into several different emotions that are the human condition. It faces not only the inevitability of death but what happens when your life's love passes on and leaves you behind. The delicate friendship between an older man in pain and younger beautiful compassionate female are shown exquisitely. Michael Cain and Clemence Poesy are perfectly cast for this movie. I was just yearning for Matthew to find peace for his life, and the ending left me a little disappointed. A great film showcasing the beauty of France. Another great movie that got almost perfect ratings on Netflix but "professional critics" on this site hated. Trust me I think if you watch you will connect with it like I did.