Murder Mystery Reviews

• 2d ago

Truly enjoyed this film. I hope they make a sequel. One of Sandlers best in my opinion.

• 3d ago

Decent to good watch, might watch again, and can recommend, but more for Happy Madison fans than actual murder mystery fans. I'm not a particular fan of Jennifer Aniston, and Adam Sandler is an actor that has his moments, but this movie is almost written to present Sandler as sexist against men, his character is more of a stereotypical male jackass than usual, like his younger characters grew up and refined their jackassery. That aside, this is an extremely well written movie, it's even well produced, beautiful and engaging. The problems seem to lie in that these horrible characters are dropped into a much more interesting story. I understand that is basically the premise, but everything to do with them is boring, it's barely funny, and I can't help thinking that Steve Carrell and Tina Fey would have rocked these roles, based on "Date Night". Or you could get more serious actors, with a comedic edge, to give it the gravitas it needs. Hell, if we're doing random re-casts, then Steve Martin and Anne Hatheway come to mind, and just the idea of them as a couple onscreen for this is making me chuckle. There is plenty to enjoy here, but unless you're already a fan of Sandler or Aniston, this isn't going to be the movie to make you be a fan.

• 6d ago

Murder Mystery is an absolute, no-brainer blast, and you're likely reading into it far too in-depth if you thought otherwise.

• Jun 30, 2020

Amazingly funny consider comedy. Adam Sandler is funny as always!

Amazingly funny consider comedy. Adam Sandler is funny as always!

• Jun 12, 2020

CORNY but decent overall....

CORNY but decent overall....

• Jun 06, 2020

It was not my favorite movie in the murder mystery genre but it did have some good twists that were foreshadowed and there were a lot of jokes that worked well within their context. I haven't really seen anyone try to mix these two genres before and this was a good first attempt. Also, all of the actors were pretty good and Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston had great chemistry.

• May 19, 2020

This movie isn't at all funny so if you expect some laughs look someplace else.

This movie isn't at all funny so if you expect some laughs look someplace else.

• May 19, 2020

A few good laughs - but even some decent chemistry between Anniston and Sandler can't save this pricy yacht from sinking

• May 17, 2020

A classic movie of Adam Sandler, weird jokes and a very simple story, just fun to watch.

• May 17, 2020

Acceptable late-night watch after a few drinks.

Acceptable late-night watch after a few drinks.