My Week with Marilyn Reviews

• Dec 15, 2020

Nice perfomance by the leading actresses but the movie overall dodin't satisfied me.

• Oct 28, 2020

I love a classic but this was painfully slow with no real drama to speak of

I love a classic but this was painfully slow with no real drama to speak of

• Apr 03, 2020

Laughable imitation of Marilyn Monroe. Williams looked like a klutzy clod in most of the movie.

• Mar 28, 2020

This is a great movie to watch when you don't know what to watch. It gives a very interesting insight into Marilyn Monroe's life while introducing well-formed and complex characters. This movie can feel a little so-so at times, but the good parts are really good as there are some very powerful moments embedded in the film. I loved it and I will definitely be watching it again in the future.

• Mar 01, 2020

I found the film underwelming and bland. Not badly crafted, but not interesting enough as a whole. I just wasn't won over by Michelle William's portrayal as Marilyn. I loss interest in this story several times through out. A stellar cast with uneven acting. This frazzles my mind a bit. I couldn't connect to any of the characters.

• Jan 14, 2020

Colin got chunked hard

Colin got chunked hard

• Dec 28, 2019

Who hasn't dreamed about meeting that famous person they've been crush'n on? I gota admit it was really nice to see the whole play out on screen. I guess I can say I have a better understanding of Marlin Monroe now, but that's only because I didn't know anything about her before and now I know something. That being said she is still very mysterious. What I mean is they showed Marlin, but they didn't really explain her I dont completely understand her. I think she was sincere, but then there were times when I know she was playing a role. Did she manipulate men? or was it just her personality to be endearing. I was very confused by her. All of this is just another way of saying Michelle Williams did a Great job! Everybody did really, but she was phenomenal. I completely thought I was watching Marlin Monroe. I had fun watching this movie. Its all about the performances. There's no action, no sex sceens, just really compelling performances.

• Feb 18, 2019

I haven't read the book but the story depicted on films comes across as wish-fulfillment bollocks to me. Williams has received plaudits for her depiction of Monroe but I never thought I was watching anything other than an OK impersonation. The film itself is fluff other than if you swallow the nonsense romance angle depicted.

• Jul 30, 2018

A solid ensemble that is mostly wasted on some minor material... However, Michelle Williams is a literal goddess.

• Jul 01, 2018

Michelle Williams plays one of history's most beloved cultural icons to perfection. Williams nails the insecurities of the biggest star of her time as if they were here own. Eddie Redmayne showed why this film projected him to the top, as the young man captivated by Monroe. The film makes me wish Williams would play Monroe in full out biopic