New Rose Hotel Reviews

• Jan 03, 2021

If Longo's earlier adaptation leans heavily into the "cyber" component of Gibson's dystopic universe, Ferrara's is more in line with a "punk" sensibility, a subversively lo-fi (or LoTek) aesthetic that is more mood than motivation, all despairing alienation and nebulous fragmentation that is dreamy both in its existentialist yearning and soporific dawdling.

• Aug 07, 2017

Only a partial star just for having two great lead actors

Only a partial star just for having two great lead actors

• Robert B Super Reviewer
    Oct 05, 2015

New Rose Hotel, I admit, is not actually a good movie (though it is). It lacks in dramatic tension and in substance, material. Why do some rate it up then? I do so for the style and the acting. I think you have to be a fan of Walken, Defoe, literature, noir, and enjoy looking at Argento red lit to be able to rate this one up.

• May 15, 2015

Call it what you will but I'll stick with rubbish.

Call it what you will but I'll stick with rubbish.

• Apr 30, 2015

Low budget bore fest. This is confusing because you see very little outside of what goes on with the 3 main characters. There is so much padding in this film, including the whole of the last half hour which is just a flashback montage. I'd give this a miss if I were you.

• Jun 21, 2013

Abel Ferrara es un gran director. Las pruebas contundentes son "King Of New York", "Bad Lieutenant", "The Funeral" o "The Addiction". "New Rose Hotel", una historia ciberpunk basada en una historia corta de William Gibson y protagonizada por una pareja explosiva (Willem Dafoe y Christopher Walken) es una falla en la carrera de Ferrara. Eso no quiere decir que no tenga sus momentos, pero la historia es alargada innecesariamente, los actores lucen cansados y la ultima parte es, aburrida...y eso en una obra de Ferrara es algo imperdonable.

• Jun 21, 2013

• Jan 30, 2013

if it weren't for Asia Argento's tits and ass, this film would be lucky to get 2 stars.

• Jan 25, 2013

If I could only get my hands around the neck of the director, I would slowly choke the life out of him! The incomprehensible ending ruined what could have been a 3 Star Movie. Worth watching a young Asia Argento working her magic in bed, though!

• Sep 17, 2012

It seems like everything was done at the last minute, and when they finished shooting they realized how short it was and added in an extra 10 or 20 minute scenes of flashbacks or eroticism. However, the acting was top notch and the scenes where the movie was actually focusing on the plot were quite good and had that nice, sluggish Abel Ferrara charm to them. I say if your a big enough fan of Ferrara's you should at least give it a chance. Everyone else will be bored.