Office Killer - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

WTF did I just watch?
October 2, 2014
another supermarket DVD 2.99 DVD combo pack purchase
February 15, 2014
Kind of weird, a bit good yet not really smart. The characters are kind of silly for the most part, and the movie drags on for a while, but there is some interest. It doesn't quite hit any marks though, or maintain to any sort of memorability.
½ August 13, 2013
I don't know why everyone hated this so much, and I don't know how it slipped by me, but I thought it was a great horror comedy film!
June 15, 2013
I can't believe that they didn't find this funny. Jeanne Tripplehorn, you are sorely missed.
June 2, 2013
A girl can only take so much, then it becomes bizarre.
August 18, 2012
Fantastic black comedy, great cast, a very enjoyable film from begining to end, fantastic
May 31, 2012
Office Killer was critically panned when released in the late 90s. I liked it though, and it has since earned itself a cult status. It's a great little black comedy about the geeky, introverted and ignored office worker who flips out and starts randomly killing the people around her. While the movie is riddled with cliches it is nevertheless a fun, pulpy movie, intentionally melodramatic and well performed. It was written by Tom Kalin who directed the brilliant art house serial killer film, Swoon. Carol Kane is always great on screen, offering a quirky and eccentric serial killer, reminiscent of everyone's favourite Milton (have you seen my stapler?).
½ December 30, 2011
I thought it didn't cut deep enough. Makes a good companion piece to the superior film, MAY.
August 3, 2011
This movie was ok.
It had a decent idea and alright acting.
½ May 13, 2011
Carol Kane is adorable AND creepy in this late 1990s "slasher/comedy" also starring Molly Ringwald.
½ September 27, 2010
I think d only smart thing the Director did was by casting Carol Kane otherwise d Movie is ridiculous.....
½ September 26, 2010
Interesting yet disturbing at same time!
Message of the movie remains unclear .... though the performance from the lead Carol Kane is extremely powerful !!!
September 18, 2010
This movie is 100% crazypants. The dialogue is pretty silly and I think the talents of much of the fantastic cast are wasted on it. But Carol Kane is kind of fantastic -- she does psychotic really, really well.
March 30, 2010
Movie could have been better. Carol Kane was awful in this.
October 15, 2009
Disguisting.. The idea of a lonely woman who becomes a psycho is not bad at all, but I don't think the movie succeed.
Some scenes were just gross..
Well, as you can see this is not my kind of movie.
That one star is for Carol Kane, who played the psycho very well, and I also liked Jeanne Tripplehorn as Norah.

But it's still scary as hell!
½ September 5, 2009
Insane! Everything is so wrong in this movie that it becomes enjoyable. The image part is very appealing (how Dorine looks and how the scenes are shot). And anyway I love Cindy Sherman so whatever she touches becomes intriguing.
½ May 7, 2009
Rented this one solely on the basis that it was the directorial debut of (and, as far as I know, the only film by) Cindy Sherman. Slow to start but once the action starts, and the body count rises, the black comedy clicks into full gear. Laughed aloud at some of the more gruesome bits.
½ December 1, 2008
Carol Kane owns this role, but that doesn't make the movie suck any less.
½ July 10, 2008
Strange, unique, and at times grotesquely funny film centers around Dorine who is starting to slip into insanity due to her workplace and her ailing mother. She soon realizes that people are more managable when dead.

It's too bad this little gem went straight to DVD, specially since it has such a strong, likeable cast. Carol Kane makes a psychotic murderer like Dorine downright adorable, yet creepy.

Rent it or BUY IT NOW!