Pan's Labyrinth - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pan's Labyrinth Reviews

November 27, 2016
All time favorite. Spellbinding.
October 23, 2016
This is one of my all time favorite movies and is, in my opinion, a perfect film. It's beautiful, the story is touching, fantastical, and at times scary. Everybody should watch this movie at least once, even if they don't like foreign films.
October 23, 2016
Flawlessly blends a graphic war film with a beautifully dark fantasy with gorgeous and powerful visuals and tight direction.
½ October 19, 2016
If your expecting horror you will be let down. Most of the story did not even take place in the labyrinth. Even fewer magical creatures than I anticipated from the cover. Please send back to director..
October 19, 2016
In all honesty, Pan's Labyrinth is not just a fantasy movie. It's a fantasy movie that has impacted our imagination. How often do you see a foreign language film that is almost the equivalent to the Lord of the Rings trilogy? This movie is the definition of a fairy tale for adults. The acting was authentic, the suspense was amazing, the cinematography was beautiful. Everything about Pan's Labyrinth was incredible.
September 18, 2016
Breathtaking!! This is absolutely the fantasy film for adults! Mexican director Guillermo del Toro told a beautiful and magical tale of Pan's Labyrinth in a special way. Although it is a foreign film, it observed true action and dialogue.
September 15, 2016
please can del torro educate James Wan on how to make a decent horror film
September 8, 2016
"Pan's Labyrinth" portrays the tension filled juxtaposition of a wondrous fantasy and a gruesome reality. The movie targets many different groups of people, from the children who love fairytales to the adults who are interested in political and historical issues. Fascinatingly, the writer-director Guillermo del Toro, portrays brilliant ambiguities that excite the curiosities of every viewer. Ultimately, "Pan's Labyrinth" is a stunning spin on a typical fairytale that is sure to capture every viewer's imagination and sense of suspense.
September 7, 2016
Beautiful, tragic, and scary. Art and drama, tragedy and horror all roll themselves together in this gem. It's not a movie you can unsee, and it's not a movie you'll only want to see once.
½ September 5, 2016
Pan's Labyrinth is cinematic brilliance that tells a fairy tale for adults, following the fantasy of a child's mind faced with the horrors of the real world.
½ August 28, 2016
One of Del Toros best.
August 27, 2016
Breathtaking movie. But god, was it sad :-(.
August 26, 2016
Simply a masterpiece. Brilliant, original and deeply, deeply moving. The young girl gives one of the best child performances ever.
August 13, 2016
Del Toro has a wicked mind and his creatures are truly other worldly. The World War II setting makes for a capable podium for some political and social commentary, but most of all it's great fantasy that captures the magic of being a child.
August 12, 2016
Beautiful, just beautiful. I don't care if it's in spanish, it was so good. The acting, story, creepy mood setting. Scary no eyed monster. I enjoyed this film alot.
July 29, 2016
Movie night eigh Munks...Great movie...watched finally...
July 22, 2016
Del Toro creates a wonderful fairy tale for grown-ups in which the innocence of fantasy collides with the horrors of war - and the result is a most devastating and immensely poignant work of lyrical beauty, from its astonishing visuals to the marvelous score.
Tyler H.
½ July 19, 2016
This movie is pure genius. The two stories connect in a fascinating way that displays that central theme of this movie. Its visionary director Guillermero del Toro that really outdoes himself on this definitive masterpiece. This deserves its 95% score if not higher. A classic movie in the fantasy genre and in movies in general.
July 19, 2016
One of my favorite movies of all time. Even though I wish it was in English
July 17, 2016
I didn't like this movie