Pan's Labyrinth - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pan's Labyrinth Reviews

September 19, 2017
Nulla da dire, semplicemente eccezionale. Tutto, dagli effetti visivi, alla trama e alla colonna sonora, è e realizzato in modo geniale, uno dei film migliori di Guillermo del Toro, mostra il suo vero potenziale.
Un film storico con degli spezzoni fantasy, il tutto quasi sempre nell'atmosfera oscura del periodo trattato.
September 16, 2017
Ok Mexican horror movie directed at Guillermo the and starring people that I have no idea who they are. I'm in the middle with this movie because it's a foreign film, it's in spanish, I do take Spanish classes but not well enough to understand it but I'll keep this review quite short, I didn't understand parts but if it were in English I would have loved it.
August 25, 2017
It is just such a fantastically smart film creating a world full of historical and moral context that will teach you more than once. It tells two stories perfectly without an ounce of remorse which is what as an audience we needed, but never knew we did. Guillermo del Toro shows ambition that seems beyond belief and it is clear that this film came from the heart.
August 23, 2017
The set-designs, the photographic composition within the fantasy creates a real, vivid dream feel to it, and the real world feels like a can't-be-true nightmare, especially because of the performances and violence.
August 21, 2017
mind blowing. perfect mix of fantasy and reality
½ August 19, 2017
Unfortunate and disturbing. Everything about it creeped me out. Be careful with this one. (First and only viewing - 6/15/2017)
August 19, 2017
I like Del Toro and I had high expectations, but the story (even if the base idea is good) was just too depressing and for sure I'll not watch it again.
½ August 15, 2017
This movie was great, from the effects to the performances its all stellar, now the CGI is another story.
August 6, 2017
A very enjoyable film, that is well directed and has all round good production levels. It's almost like two films in one running side by side. It would have been a bit more interesting to see more of the fantasy characters and their world in which they live in. The film can be quite bloody and violent at times to which was a surprise, this is definitely for an adult audience.
August 5, 2017
beautifully shot. also, it's terrible. a bunch of bid3a madness. really dumb. lots of stupid stuff. should've trusted my original opinion when i was 21 (2 viewings)
½ August 1, 2017
El mundo es duro y las fantasías (acaso realidades más profundas, pero realidades al fin) pueden ser una escapatoria o lo que motive enfrentar el día a día. Pero como fantasías o como realidades espirituales, igual tienen problemas y enfrentamientos que son quizá los que permiten fortalecer al ser humana y cumplir con su misión.
August 1, 2017
With superb visuals and authentic creature designs, such a great score with an unforgettable melancholic theme, excellent performances across the board and many instantly memorable sequences, Pan's Labyrinth is Guillermo del Toro's magnum opus which features a fantastic and very dark original story and one of the best film villains ever in Captain Vidal. Whether as a drama or as a fantasy, the film is consistently engaging and superbly crafted in every way. It is simply an immaculate achievement and one of the greatest films of all time.
July 30, 2017
Scared the absolute shit out of me.
July 20, 2017
First viewing in nearly a decade, and well, it is still a masterpiece of course. The aspect that impressed me most this time round though, was Vidal - surely one of the most memorable screen villains of all time? What I didn't quite appreciate before, was how calm a performance it is. He barely raises his voice throughout, yet it is the perfect character study of a quiet, determined, calculated psychopath. He is all subtle glances and (hideously brutal) actions, but it's methodical and all the more disturbing because of it - it is a remarkable performance, even more so when you consider that Sergi Lopez is a comic rather than a conventional actor.
July 6, 2017
One of the most creative films I have watched. The story is haunting all while feeling like a fairytale
½ June 30, 2017
Pan's Labyrinth is a film that will have you in all different types of emotion. You will be thinking about this movie for days after. This is the perfect fantasy for adults, and probably one of my favorite fantasy movies of all time. I seen where someone said it was the Alice in Wonderland for adults and it is exactly that. It is so beautiful and innocent. The beauty of this film is that their are two ways you can take this film and it is based on your personal experiences in life on how you see it. This is Guillermo del Toro's masterpiece. Storytelling at its best. Camera work is great and most of all the make up is no doubt academy award worthy. This is a must watch film.
June 26, 2017
Del Toro's masterpiece Pan's Labyrinth is a rather grounded adult fairy tale. It's apparent that the film was crafted with a distinct vision and intense care. Interesting characters, unique world, beautiful effects, and wonderful themes Pan's Labyrinth is absolutely the best in it's class.
June 20, 2017
Dark, grim, creepy and at times thought provoking, Pan's Labyrinth is one of the best foreign films to this day!!!
June 16, 2017
This horror tale perfectly balances the nightmares in the imagination with the terrors of reality a child will eventually face in the loss of innocence. While also offering Del Toro's mastery of imaginative and emotional visuals.
½ June 4, 2017
A little bit over average, but the thriller is far more intersting then the movie, a nice children story but nothing exceptional.