Pan's Labyrinth - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pan's Labyrinth Reviews

½ August 15, 2017
This movie was great, from the effects to the performances its all stellar, now the CGI is another story.
August 6, 2017
A very enjoyable film, that is well directed and has all round good production levels. It's almost like two films in one running side by side. It would have been a bit more interesting to see more of the fantasy characters and their world in which they live in. The film can be quite bloody and violent at times to which was a surprise, this is definitely for an adult audience.
August 5, 2017
beautifully shot. also, it's terrible. a bunch of bid3a madness. really dumb. lots of stupid stuff. should've trusted my original opinion when i was 21 (2 viewings)
½ August 1, 2017
El mundo es duro y las fantasías (acaso realidades más profundas, pero realidades al fin) pueden ser una escapatoria o lo que motive enfrentar el día a día. Pero como fantasías o como realidades espirituales, igual tienen problemas y enfrentamientos que son quizá los que permiten fortalecer al ser humana y cumplir con su misión.
August 1, 2017
With superb visuals and authentic creature designs, such a great score with an unforgettable melancholic theme, excellent performances across the board and many instantly memorable sequences, Pan's Labyrinth is Guillermo del Toro's magnum opus which features a fantastic and very dark original story and one of the best film villains ever in Captain Vidal. Whether as a drama or as a fantasy, the film is consistently engaging and superbly crafted in every way. It is simply an immaculate achievement and one of the greatest films of all time.
July 30, 2017
Scared the absolute shit out of me.
July 20, 2017
First viewing in nearly a decade, and well, it is still a masterpiece of course. The aspect that impressed me most this time round though, was Vidal - surely one of the most memorable screen villains of all time? What I didn't quite appreciate before, was how calm a performance it is. He barely raises his voice throughout, yet it is the perfect character study of a quiet, determined, calculated psychopath. He is all subtle glances and (hideously brutal) actions, but it's methodical and all the more disturbing because of it - it is a remarkable performance, even more so when you consider that Sergi Lopez is a comic rather than a conventional actor.
July 6, 2017
One of the most creative films I have watched. The story is haunting all while feeling like a fairytale
½ June 30, 2017
Pan's Labyrinth is a film that will have you in all different types of emotion. You will be thinking about this movie for days after. This is the perfect fantasy for adults, and probably one of my favorite fantasy movies of all time. I seen where someone said it was the Alice in Wonderland for adults and it is exactly that. It is so beautiful and innocent. The beauty of this film is that their are two ways you can take this film and it is based on your personal experiences in life on how you see it. This is Guillermo del Toro's masterpiece. Storytelling at its best. Camera work is great and most of all the make up is no doubt academy award worthy. This is a must watch film.
June 26, 2017
Del Toro's masterpiece Pan's Labyrinth is a rather grounded adult fairy tale. It's apparent that the film was crafted with a distinct vision and intense care. Interesting characters, unique world, beautiful effects, and wonderful themes Pan's Labyrinth is absolutely the best in it's class.
June 20, 2017
Dark, grim, creepy and at times thought provoking, Pan's Labyrinth is one of the best foreign films to this day!!!
June 16, 2017
This horror tale perfectly balances the nightmares in the imagination with the terrors of reality a child will eventually face in the loss of innocence. While also offering Del Toro's mastery of imaginative and emotional visuals.
½ June 15, 2017
Unfortunate and disturbing. Everything about it creeped me out. Be careful with this one. (First and only viewing - 6/15/2017)
½ June 4, 2017
A little bit over average, but the thriller is far more intersting then the movie, a nice children story but nothing exceptional.
May 22, 2017
It's a really great movie, with great acting and a really well written script.
½ May 16, 2017
interesting and imaginative, but dark and troubling. Similar in theme to the earlier The Devil's Back Bone, but with a bitter ending. It is indeed quite a good film and very involving, but ultimately it bothers me too much for me to watch again.
½ May 16, 2017
An imaginative young girl who seems to be the princess of a underground Kingdom.
To me the characters make sense because the way the movie was film where the theme is seen as the woods because that's where it all happen. Is not quiet believable because throughout the movie as more characters are shown in my opinion the movie loses interest.
The way the acting was on my opinion wasn't that good. I don't really have someone to believe because i got lost in the movie in the way that a lot of stuff was going on at the same time and it will jump from one scene to another. The Cinematography was well done because the colors seemed at the right tone in every different place that the girl would go to. The camera angles were also good every camera shot and video recording came out to not affect the movie. The Edits were some good ones as well because in a part it showed were a frog wasn't the normal size it was like 20 times a regular size frog would be.
½ May 14, 2017
A near masterpiece film featuring great effects for the creatures and a story that is genuinely deep and thought provoking. Not my favorite film, but there is a sense of greatness this film holds for me. It's definitely ambitious, and even though it doesn't quite always grasp what it's teaching for, this still is a wonderfully directed film by Del Toro and easily his best one
½ May 11, 2017
Pan's Labyrinth incorporates many aspects from other films, but it makes it its own thing. the plot is constructed really well. From the beginning until the end you will be on the edge of your seat. Every angle of the camera, the colors incorporated add to that mysterious feeling. We mostly see dark colors which are a great addition, we are able to feel so many emotions because of it. Camera angles are a good way to make the audience feel like they're actually a part of the magic, using these make one feel everything the actor him/herself feels. Combining; wide shots, full shots, medium shots and others help create a sense of reality. The more the audience can see about the scene, the more enjoyable it will be. You cannot possibly feel any of those emotions if you couldn't clearly see what is going on with the actor during that time.
May 9, 2017
This movie is about a little girl named Ofelia, Ofelia and her sick mother move to the post of her mother's new evil husband. Where a lot of strange things happen, Ofelia meets the faun pan who tells her she's a long lost princess and gives her magical powers but she must complete three dangerous challenges in order for her to become immortal. This movie may have different meanings for people and it takes lots of attention to understand, but it has a very interesting ending.