Prom - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Prom Reviews

April 21, 2016
I'm sorry, but I loved this movie. It made me reflect on life and high school, and... I bought it.
September 4, 2015
There's nothing bright about a bunch of teenagers getting ready for prom.
August 31, 2015
This movie sucks... THEY WERE DOING THIS, THAN THIS, AND THEN THIS, AND THEN THIS AGAIN, AND..... it made no freaking sense, 'cept Rolo, he made this movie. Lol Greek Canadiens
August 4, 2015
Disney, in its infinite wisdom, decided they should combine every teen romantic comedy cliché into one broadly titled movie. Hurrah!!!
April 1, 2015
Heard about this thru a youtuber (Blair Fowler) because of her small role in the film. I fell in love and my favorite quote would be "You just need a hamster to love don't you"
½ November 9, 2014
Prom is one of those rare films that gets EVERYTHING wrong: the dialogue, the story, the characters, the acting, and pretty much everything else. This was a piece of crap.
½ August 24, 2014
Disney thought they could release an original film at the time of and on high schools' best dance night that could be successful like the theatrical release of "High School Musical 3." Unfortunately it wasn't highly successful when the film should've been a Disney Channel film. But it doesn't mean it isn't successful in the critical reception as Disney shows the true meaning of prom in this teen flick. (B)

(Full review coming soon)
½ August 3, 2014
(First and only viewing - 12/9/2011)
½ July 6, 2014
It was really cute; however, it was really boring.
June 10, 2014
Prom is a likable piece of teen Disney fluff that nicely captures the excitement and expectations of prom night.
½ April 9, 2014
Some of the stories weren't very fun to watch, but overall I enjoyed it.
½ April 8, 2014
Tells the story of prom and getting gleamed up for that special dance.
April 6, 2014
Took me way back and made me smile :)
½ March 31, 2014
Flat. Slow. Boring. Annoying, not realistic goofballs.
½ February 25, 2014
Oh the syrup and melodrama.
February 8, 2014
Ok. Just ok.
"thanks, Oprah, for that little nugget of wisdom."
February 7, 2014
Add a Review (Optional)
January 25, 2014
It is not often that a Disney movie doesn't automatically resonate with me, but this one took time to grow on me. The characters are introduced so fast that you don't get a feel for them. It is only when they slow down and focus on a few that the movie starts to click. The characters are mostly uninteresting, however the main storyline with Nova is decent but predictable. Worth watching once.
January 10, 2014
Suitable for those stuck in the glut of High School Musical & Hannah Montana. It's like 'Valentine's Day' for kids. You may learn a thing or two about hooking up prom dates though.

However, ACTUAL proms may not be as sweet as this. There are too many rapes, intoxications and drunk driving home in reality. I think even Carrie White's prom was more realistic.

#mebeingcynicalandarealist
December 18, 2013
With a good story, a fine script full of okay dialogue, a great young cast headed by Aimee Teegarden as Nova, wonderful directing by Joe Nussbaum, interesting scenes and sequences and an alright pace and flow, Prom is a movie that shows you what it takes to put on a senior prom while also including something that's part of every Disney animated and live-action movie: lots of heart.