Sex and the City Reviews

• 3d ago

Most rotten of any movie I ever seen!

Most rotten of any movie I ever seen!

• Mar 13, 2020

"Ever Thine. Ever Mine. Ever Ours."

"Ever Thine. Ever Mine. Ever Ours."

• Aug 20, 2019

Sorry, it was just dull and boring. Seemed like script was added to fill the time. I was so bored, I couldn't even finish watching it. Did laundry instead. It was more interesting.

• Apr 22, 2019

Great movie to watch with the girls. All the emotional twists and turns of the show in a feature length film. Wonderful. So glad we got this movie.

• Apr 16, 2019

I couldn't tell you how much of a bore this was. The adaptation of a popular TV show might please fans, but no one else. The characters are rotten and lacking in true identity. The story was nonexistent. There was also a lot of familiar comedy and shallow dialogue to back it up. Its a chick flick that will give men the flu and leave women wishing for a better movie. Do us a favor in saving our relationships by not making us watch this torture.

• Dec 15, 2018

This is for the fans, and only for the fans. Those who lived and loved and suffered and rejoiced over the years with Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte, and Miranda will in all likelihood be delighted by the cinematic production. It is a continuation and an affirmation that life goes on even after reruns. For those who do not consider themselves to be among the Sex and the City faithful, however, this is a painful experience, perhaps the longest 148 minutes likely to be spent in a movie theater this year. Watching grass grow is more dramatically satisfying. The niche audience will applaud it; everyone else will either ignore it (the wisest choice) or fall asleep if ambushed into seeing it. There are no surprises here, either for fans or non-fans. (Strictly for SATC fans only).

• Sep 03, 2018

The lack of sex is very disappointing. Thought Mr. Big's name was very misleading as it seemed rather average of a size.

• Aug 18, 2018

The "Sex and the City" film lives up to the charm of its TV show and its cast is certainly impressive. However, its plot is too thin and does not have enough substance to justify its 145 minute runtime.

• Aug 22, 2017

Maybe I would have appreciated it more if I had seen the series...

Maybe I would have appreciated it more if I had seen the series...

• Apr 25, 2017

Sex and the City is a superficial, pretentious melodrama full of shallow, unlikeable characters, insipid plot threads, crass materialism, and contradictory messages.