Sonic the Hedgehog Reviews

• 4d ago

It's... Fun. I don't think it's great, It's got way to many product placements (ONE of them felt vaguely natural) and sonic flossing was painful to watch, but yeah, it's a lot of fun. Jim Carey is awesome, sonic has some good lines and ben schwartz was great.

• 6d ago

Is hedgehog hog or not?

Is hedgehog hog or not?

• 6d ago

Couldn't commit to finishing it. May be getting old.

Couldn't commit to finishing it. May be getting old.

• Jun 03, 2021

I saw this movie in theaters the day it came out and, even after my 4th rewatch, I still enjoyed it a lot. Jim Carrey basically (ehm) carries this movie. The story is pretty basic but it's salvaged by clever jokes, talented actors and awesome action.

• May 31, 2021

Me gusto la pelicula, no es tan mala, no es como los demas live action que tienen 30/20/10/9-0. No esta lleno de referencias genericas como peliculas que hicieron como los pitufos.

• May 27, 2021

Fans of the hit SEGA video game will find much enjoyment in this film as the VFX, action sequences, and live-action adaptations are really well realized. For average viewers the film is still watchable for many aspects and although there are some dragging scenes within the movie, its first and third act are enough to make you stick around even for the end credits scene which predicts a sequel which is hopefully just as, if not more, enjoyable as this film. It is a great family friendly flick.

• May 18, 2021

Sonic The Hedgehog - 7.5/10. Following in the spirit of Detective Pikachu, Sonic brings us an iconic 90s character to the big screen. Unlike that film's willingness to try something different, Sonic follows a 90's movie formula, which works out really well. Ben Schwartz voices the iconic character, while James Marsden plays his human friend. Both do a great job of not playing their characters serious, with each of the actors just having fun and delivering safe performances. Ben gives Sonic a great attitude, really fitting well with the animated character's energy on screen. But the real show stealer is Jim Carrey, who delivers a nostalgic performance as Dr Robotnik. He plays the character with so much wacky energy and eccentric nature that it reminds you of his iconic roles like Ace Ventura and The Mask. I'm really happy to see him back in lead roles in film, and it seems like he likes the role so much to the point where he feels like he fits right at home. As for the movie as a whole, its your typical origin/character finds a purpose story. It hits all the beats, while also preparing the audience for the future of the franchise. A fun film overall!

• May 16, 2021

A film that you have to watch with a childlike spirit, because it is very childish, but it does not mean that the film is fun.

• May 12, 2021

Like Detective Pikachu, this movie offers not whatever is in the video game, but whatever will appeal to the average viewer (except only a few known characters). Anyone complaining about a slow or bad story is being so specific that they aren't trying to enjoy the movie, but only trying to find what's wrong with it. There's also the common "video game movie" low scores too. If you expect the video game, you're asking for an abysmal film representing Sonic's 2006 video game.

• May 11, 2021

It reminds me of detective Pikachu,just a fun family movie night.

It reminds me of detective Pikachu,just a fun family movie night.