Survivor Reviews

• Jun 15, 2019

Actually great! Very entertaining and unique thriller, Milla and pierce do great too

• Nov 02, 2018

Worst thing I've seen in a long time. Everything is working against the hero. It gets more and more predictible and wish you were there to hit everyone in the face. Only made me angry. Don't waste your time.

• Oct 24, 2018

Why such a poor rating? It is exactly what you'd expect from these two. Pretty good

• Oct 05, 2018

A bland post 9/11 espionage thriller. The pace is medium to quick, but it is Survivor (2015) is rather dull for a thriller. The convoluted plot and mediocre writing makes the movie feels a lot longer than its meager 96 minutes. I wish it were better, but it devolves into so bad it's funny territory by the laughable finale. I doubt most audiences could even keep track of its muddled narrative with its pandering message, however well intentioned. The amateur dialogue gives Survivor a generic tv movie feel. Unfortunately, for all its adequate direction and decent cinematography filled with nice lighting, framing, and panning, Survivor falls flat with its overall direction. James McTeigue has fallen far since V for Vendetta. This is not thrilling, nor is Survivor a clever espionage tale. It is bare bones in structure and basic in storytelling. Milla Jovovich is quite uninteresting as the lead. Her bland facial expressions and general carefree attitude makes Survivor feels very low stakes. The whole supporting cast could easily be replaced with anyone else since they do nothing. The only saving grace for Survivor is the highly entertaining performance from Pierce Brosnan. He is cool and dangerous and you constantly feel that he is the threat. His subtle acting goes to waste as he is given childish remarks and witless dialogue to endure to the end. I wish Survivor focuses more on him instead of Jovovich. In all, Survivor is a very dumb thriller with few thrills in between endless chase sequences and a few neat moments. If only this were more of an action movie or more of a clever espionage story. I'd say to pass on Survivor.

• Sep 21, 2018

Not that bad except it was somewhat hard to believe a few plot elements, like climbing up 21 flights of stairs in heeled boots faster than you could take the elevator, and not disguising yourself a bit when you know all kinds of people in security and police are looking for you. Otherwise, worth a watch.

• Aug 16, 2018

Almost fell asleep. Seemed interesting in the beginning but then just completely derailed.

• Sep 27, 2017

WOW......WOW.....WOW.....SO SO SO SO SO BAD......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH.......WARNING THIS MOVIE CONTAINS STROBE LIGHTNING EFFECTS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL COSTS IT IS THAT BAD.....JUST DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE IT IS SO AWFUL.......ITS GOT A GOOD SOUNDTRACK THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE.....BUT MAN THIS MOVIE IS SO SO SO AWFUL 2 WATCH...

• Jun 23, 2017

It's a facsimile copy of The Peacemaker.

It's a facsimile copy of The Peacemaker.

• Jun 13, 2017

Where do these people get their money to produce such miserable movies? Standard script, standard plot, PC correct as the Woman lead is smarter and better than any man on the planet. She is wronged but she can beat all odds and the poor stupid men that are after her. Are woman playing over the top characters with super skills suppose to shock us in to thinking this must be a movie to watch. For crap-sake...make good and entertaining fair for people to enjoy. Spend money on this no, waste my time on this...so sorry but I did, so sorry.

• May 14, 2017

It's always good to see Milla kicking arse. Yeah I'm big fan of her role in RE. Plus, we're seeing Pierce Brosnan as a villain, why not?