Suspiria Reviews

• 15h ago

What the hell did I just watch?! Started off promising, camera angles and zooms as found int he 70s, workings of being epic..... until, it wasnt. Spoiler, I was left very confused, in a way that wasnt impressive or clever, just avoiding a direct storyline. Movies like this annoy the hell out of me. Absolute guff that thinks its better than everyone else. The Eau de toilette of the film world.

• Jul 21, 2019

I really loved this movie because, not in spite of all its insanity. Wildly different from the original Suspiria, it was a rather mesmerizing trip into a psychedelic world of dance, satanic rituals and paranoia. The production design and costuming, as well as impressive performances from Tilda Swinton in no less than 3 roles contributed to its overall effect. The horrifying climax was almost laughable in how extreme it went but the film nonetheless kept me entertained throughout and created a fully realized world for its characters to suffer in. It is very confusing and the plotting and character development are almost completely haphazard, things happen randomly when they're supposed to in the story and for reasons that are not at all well explained, yet in the madness of it all I couldn't help but keep watching.

• Jul 14, 2019

Good horror movie but a bit hard to follow at times. Watch this film with subtitles because the German accents can be difficult to understand

• Jul 05, 2019

This movie is a work of ART. Naturally people give it a bad review because they don't understand it or they wanted it to be more like the original. But like the director said this movie is more of a cover of the original, than a remake. Regardless, the filmography and score blew me away, even the sound design is immaculate. One of the most beautiful and horrifying movies ever made, and its hard to lump beauty and horror in the same category, a feat not easily achieved. I've watched this film several times on Blu Ray since it came out and I notice something new or different every time. It's one of those films you have to completely give yourself over to truely appreciate. Think for yourself and develop your own opinion, because that's the only one that really matters.

• Jul 01, 2019

A fantastic tribute to Argento's classic. Fantastic movie that chooses a completely different path from the movie that inspired it. The score by Thom Yorke makes some of the scenes unforgettable. Brilliant

• Jun 25, 2019

Original and perfectly disturbing.

Original and perfectly disturbing.

• Jun 23, 2019

In my opinion this is one of the best horror remakes since John Carpenter's The Thing. It's a completely different animal to the original film from 1977, which my be jarring for fans of the original. While the original Suspiria was purely stylistic, this movie focuses on the core story which the original in comparison didn't seem to focus on. This movie also has two of the most horrifying scenes I think I've ever seen in a movie. My complaint is that the ending seance scene and twist was kinda took me out of it a little, but considering how effective the rest of the film was, I don't consider it that big of a deal. Would definitely recommend.

• Jun 22, 2019

It might be my favorite Dakota Johnson movie. The always reliable Tilda Swinson is fantastic as Madame Blanc.

• Jun 19, 2019

I don’t even know how to properly talk about this movie or even assign a score to it. Cause Suspiria is just such an excellent horror movie and like nothing I’ve ever seen before in modern day horror movies. Probably the greatest thing about this movie is the fact that it’s not a complete copy of the original Suspiria from 1977, which is what a lot of horror movies, and movies in general do a lot and utterly fail at and completely fall flat on their face, this is a movie that is totally doing its own thing. It’s an abstract, horrifying, and impactful horror movie, while I enjoyed the original Suspiria more than this, I love them both for their own reasons. I guess a 10/10 is a proper score in conclusion.

• Jun 13, 2019