The Craft: Legacy Reviews

• Oct 31, 2020

After maybe the first 30 minutes I kept saying, "What is this? What is going on? I'm so confused" throughout the entire story. I understand it's not supposed to be the same exact plot as the original but it had so much "wokeness" in the movie that it was cringy. (Women with an X...really??) I'm all for inclusivity but you dont have to shove it down our throats. I'm guessing they're making up for the super racist behind-the-scenes stuff of the original but I just think they did too much. Way too many plot holes. A lot of the characters were pointless. And many things were brought up but were not touched on enough, bringing up a lot of unanswered questions. This movie was filled with a bunch of fluff and it wasn't really magical. I do appreciate the wardrobe, the witches were super cute! Haha my favorite part of the movie. Also a lot of people hated the soundtrack but it wasn't that bad... I am a 20 something year old girl so that may explain it lol IF they make a follow up movie, I really hope they learn from this one and make it way better. For now I'll stick to the original.

• Oct 31, 2020

This is actually a sequel to the 1996 film "The Craft" that starred Neve Campbell and Fairuza Balk .. the later of which has a cameo in the movie.. It has a promising start.. the new cast of girls are pretty good and their stories have potential.. however it gets bogged down in a bit of a messy and unsatisfying conclusion . David Duchovny is in this... and he seems to be collecting a paycheck rather than creating a believable character.. A bit of a misfire despite some decent acting from the leads and some moments that work.

• Oct 31, 2020

Pure waste of time! Lack-luster characters. Plot is weak, un-original, and predictable to the point of boredom. None of the magic of the original. "Yawn fest" is being generous. The best part of the film was the totally un-surprising, super brief cameo of our favorite "bad witch". Do yourself a favor, and skip this one.....even when it's free to watch.

• Oct 31, 2020

Overall this movie was poorly executed with so many lost plot threads and unrealized directions. The universe that was established in the 1996 Craft seems to have been entirely disregarded with the admission of some new information in this movie. This could and should have been much better and failed to carry on the spirit of the original.

• Oct 31, 2020

Completely terrible and a ruination of the original vibe and even the aesthetic. Felt like a Disney/Family channel movie but with AWFUL and unnecessary CGI. I hated it 5 minutes into the movie when nothing felt at all like the original.

• Oct 31, 2020

I don't know why everyone else is giving it shit. I personally enjoyed it. It has a clever plot twist that ties it into the original, the cast did a great job (minus Sculder), the story was updated to reflect more modern times, and it actually had teens playing teens instead of the bullshit mid to late 20 year olds playing teens. Strong emphasis on the bonds of sisterhood. Only negative was that it wasn't that scary but still a decent plot

• Oct 31, 2020

So RT deleted my original review because I refuse to kiss this garbage movies ass. It has gotten to the point where Bumhouse (the worst production company of all time) are now paying review sites to censor all negative reviews for their trash movies like this latest one. Another disgusting remake made to pimp nostalgia from gullible fans since they failed miserably with last years train wreck of a movie "Black Christmas" which by the way is the exact same movie as this one.... I mean the exact same, don't just take my word for it, see for yourself. Don't see this garbage in theatre's though because Bumhouse does not deserve your hard earned money.

• Oct 31, 2020

no. no. no. did the people who made this even watch the original.

no. no. no. did the people who made this even watch the original.

• Oct 30, 2020

I didn't hate it, but it crammed in way too much wokeness. I just wanted to watch a movie about witches. The ending was predictable and lackluster. Their hideous clothing that looked like they got them from goodwill made me wonder too as the the look of the girls in the original was pretty iconic.

• Oct 30, 2020

Empowering for a new generation of girls while keeping the spirit of the original.