The Holiday Reviews

• 2d ago

The cast makes this film. They all bring something whimsical, perhaps because of the direction. This movie makes you route for 4 unique characters at once and we need more movies that do this. If it's not a part of our humanity to route for people, then we don't deserve this movie. You know exactly who all 4 of them are, what they need, and are invested in their journey. It just makes me happy!

• Feb 09, 2021

Following two romances, this well-acted, charmingly clever story presents humour and sentiment (often simultaneously). Although rather predictable, "The Holiday" will warm your heart and is great for putting you in the Christmas spirit.

• Feb 01, 2021

There is a subgenre of romcom, made popular by Richard Curtis, where half the actors are from Britain and half from the US. Their cultural differences add interest to the story, and give it a wider appeal. The Holiday is Nancy Meyers' take on this, who is another juggernaut of the romcom genre. This may be her best movie. There is so much subtle emotion in it. Without ever losing the romcom lightness, it has some heaviness to it too. I have found it to be extremely rewatchable.

• Jan 31, 2021

Extremely boring I couldn't even finish it (and I'm a rom-com movies fan)...

Extremely boring I couldn't even finish it (and I'm a rom-com movies fan)...

• Jan 17, 2021

A good, slight cheesy, slightly predictable movie. For a rom-com, it is an enjoyable time. Also, as a more general statement, it seems the "critics" tend to be harder on rom-com then, say, action movies. Male bias?

• Jan 15, 2021

It just wasn't good.

It just wasn't good.

• Jan 12, 2021

A nice, Holiday-themed romantic comedy.

A nice, Holiday-themed romantic comedy.

• Jan 11, 2021

Loved it! Always love happy endings!

Loved it! Always love happy endings!

• Jan 03, 2021

Preddictable, sappy, cookie cutter romance nonsense. A perfect fantasy to much popcorn to.

• Dec 30, 2020

In lots of reviews credit goes to Winslet. So do I give too. Disagree with some/many critics about predictability - I liked patterning role Jude Law took.