The Host Reviews

• Jan 05, 2020

Book was only good because it delved into the personal thoughts of the character, the movie doesn't do that so it shows its true colors of being just a teen romance.

• Oct 08, 2019

One of the best movies i have ever seen , you must watch it . i think that many people who's critics this movie don't understand it. You must decide by yourself ;)

• Aug 27, 2019

I think this got more hate because of the twilight predecessor and writer. In many reviews they cant help mentioning at least on or both. Perhaps also because the movie has no main villain as you can relate to both parties so appears slow and boring where it is actually insightful and fresh. It will not appeal to the usual sci fi fanatic expecting glorious fight scenes and death battles. Which i find so over done anyway. I think the acting was good i dont think the book to screen adaptation was great but by no means the awful score it is getting. I think if people watched this with an open mind and forgot aboit twilight they might enjoy it more. I do wish more was covered on the aliens themselves. Planets they've seen how they function in reproduction just more in general but the movie made me cry and made me smile so i cant much complain

• Aug 22, 2019

I have to admit the first time I saw it Saoirse Ronan's almost whispering voice bothered me. Luckily I stuck through the movie and was very happy that I did. I waited a while and then watched it again and thoroughly enjoyed it. It is a great concept that I wished that they had made a sequel. I think you'll enjoy the movie.

• Jul 19, 2019

Unlike what some of the critics say, there is a lot of humor in this movie, but not so obvious. Specifically, there are a lot of puns with the name Wanda. As another example, there is deeper meaning when the uncle tells Wanda about the volcano.

• Jul 01, 2019

Its different cause its not humans vs aliens. Well it is, but it plays out so you really understand both sides. The aliens aren't just this evil force, that you cant relate to

• Jun 26, 2019

I love this film not sure why it's so underrated. I think it works really well it's one of the few sci-fi movies my wife likes too. I would highly recommend.

• May 27, 2019

I cannot comprehend why this movie didn't get a better score. I think it is very well written, well acted and original. There are many other movies where aliens take over human bodies, but none where the aliens are somewhat benevolent or where one switches sides or where the value of life and love is explored to this extent. The music is beautiful, the location is beautiful, it is believable (for a sci fi) and it is uplifting. This should have gotten at least in the 80s, and it is one of my favorite science fictions. There is nothing like it. I found that I got more out of it when I watched it a 2nd and 3rd time.

• Mar 10, 2019

One of the few book to movie adaptations where i'm a huge fan of the book and find the movie watchable.

• Jan 02, 2019

I read the book about ten years ago and enjoyed it. The movie fails in comparison. It's poorly done. Awkward.