The Imitation Game Reviews

• 1d ago

Inaccurate! It was historically inaccurate and, as usual, made the British look stereotypically snobby and often outsmarted by their own egos. Turing had many other issues that were failed to mention. This is the fairly tale version for those who don't want to the real truth about WWII and UK atrocities, lies, and rewriting of history when its convenient to them. This alleged story is false as it is here.

• Feb 08, 2021

With an outstanding lead performance from Benedict Cumberbatch, this biopic/drama succeeds in portraying a fascinating, thought-provoking and deeply moving true story from the time of World War II.

• Jan 23, 2021

This history/drama movie is a very goo recreation of the events surrounding the german Enigma machine story. It has an envolving, sad and true to reality plot.

• Jan 06, 2021

The writers should be banished for corrupting history. The main character is portrayed, rightly so, as being a non-normal type of person who cannot fit into society. This is correct. But to the horror and shame for all those who died in this war, Hollywood has, instead, turned the story into yet another politically "correct" brainwashing session trying to make people sympathetic and accepting of the American Psycholoical Association's own standing that homosexuality, like schizophrenia, pyromania, etc. is a mental derangement. This is even further proven by the unnatural mindset Turing is portrayed as having in this film. The actual people who died in WWII are dishonored by this film b/c their lives and sacrifices were put aside as secondary for this bit of propaganda and indoctrination. History has proven, over and over (do the homework!) that when the traditional family unit is pushed aside, the nation rots from within. Rome, Greece, Egypt etc. are all proof of this. We are repeating history with trash like this sickening film. Khrushchev said they would rot us from the inside and take us over. He said entertainment would become the primary reason we live - forget right and wrong - its all about being entertained. This film is proof he was right. Avoid it an learn the facts from a documentary instead.

• Jan 03, 2021

The movie tells the exciting story of one of the (mostly) unsung heros and geniuses of the past century, sometimes sacrificing realism for drama. It's understandable from a movie-maker standpoint to turn up the drama-dial a nodge, but it went over the top in a couple of places. I would have wished for a more nuanced discussion of difficult to tacle issues, like the outrageous treatment of homosexuals (and women), especially since this ultemately lead to A. Turin's suicide. Leaving that aside it's a good film, which is especially carried by the great performances from the lead characters.

• Jan 02, 2021

Anchored by a titanic Benedict Cumberbatch performance, the exquisitely written, perfectly paced and refreshingly witty The Imitation Game is fully realised oscar-bait. Morten Tyldum shows great compassion for both the character and the human, Alan Turing, delicately capturing the life of not only an unsung war hero, but also one who suffered at the hands of their own biological predispositions. At its core, a truly masterful motion picture only needs few, well-selected emotionally powerful moments to touch you, shatter you, repulse you and rouse you to a cataclysmic climax of cinematically orgasmic proportions. "Sometimes it is the people no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine." ---- iconic. Iroh's grade: A-

• Dec 30, 2020

I thought for sure I had already rated this film. Strange, because it's one of my favorites. Didn't appreciate the digs at faith, but the story is a strong and compelling one.

• Dec 28, 2020

The Imitation Game miraculously manages to be gut-wrenching, inspiring, smart, funny, and suspenseful due to its great characters, directing, and acting. This has got to be actor Benedict Cumberbatch's greatest performance, as he truly makes Alan Turing look bold yet still sympathetic.

• Dec 27, 2020

Excellent movie. Best movie of 2014

Excellent movie. Best movie of 2014

• Dec 10, 2020

One of my favorite movies!! The intro monologue gives me chills. Cumberbatch's performance is amazing. He deserved that Oscar nom. Such a great way to tell the story of Alan Turing and educated the public. Quotable lines. The title is amazing too.