The Punk Singer - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Punk Singer Reviews

December 18, 2016
An intimate and fascinating documentary about Bikini Kill lead singer and feminist activist Kathleen Hanna.
½ June 29, 2016
Conventional documentary that's probably very interesting if you are aware of the singer, less so if not.
½ March 1, 2016
A charming bit of documentary on Kathleen Hanna and Bikini Kill, both of whom I had not encountered previously.
November 24, 2015
Brilliant documentary about a very significant artist of the late 20th century.
October 31, 2015
I had listened to Bikini Kill in the 90's but really didn't pay much attention. Hanna's story unfolds chronologically and gains momentum as it progresses. In the end you feel how stromg and beautiful she truly is.
October 3, 2015
Very good documentary.
June 21, 2015
Very interesting documentary of late 80s/90s punk singer Kathleen Hanna. It also sheds light on why she stopped performing.
May 23, 2015
Great documentary on Kathleen Hannah! Watched again and it gets me every time.
April 20, 2015
This is (part of) the story of the driving force behind Bikini Kill, Riot Grrrl, and Le Tigre-- Kathleen Hanna.--and what happened that made her quit in 2005. Although I think that a documentary about how this wave of punk feminism rose and faded should be a several part series, this was pretty interesting and made me a little nostalgic for shows that included a real risk of injury for smaller people in or near the pit.
½ February 27, 2015
Makes me want more music/books/docs like this.
½ February 23, 2015
I knew of the Riot Grrrl movement and I kind of feel like I had heard Kathleen Hanna's name prior to seeing this film. It is an affectionate look at a bit of an unsung hero of modern rock music. She may not have the most accomplished discography but there was a certain spirit to her ethos and she comes across as an endearing individual.
February 10, 2015
I had liked some of her music but now that I know about her i love her.
February 3, 2015
I love you, Kathleen Hanna-Horowitz!!!!
½ February 2, 2015
An interesting film about Kathleen Hanna and her illness. I didnt know anything about her at all but the entire thing is very insightful
December 14, 2014
Well i was living under a rock because i never listened to bikini kill! I am blown away!
October 28, 2014
One of the best documentaries of recent times. Will type more laters...
October 22, 2014
This was a pretty good documentary. I have to admit, I hate Courtney Love more after seeing this.
October 17, 2014
I really wanted to like this...so full of pretty girls wanting to be heard it got kinda tiring.
September 21, 2014
Interesting story about someone I had never heard of. When an amazing woman
September 18, 2014
Great documentary on Kathleen Hanna, highly recommended even if you've only got a passing interest.