The Punk Singer Reviews

• Dec 18, 2016

An intimate and fascinating documentary about Bikini Kill lead singer and feminist activist Kathleen Hanna.

• Jun 29, 2016

Conventional documentary that's probably very interesting if you are aware of the singer, less so if not.

• Oct 31, 2015

I had listened to Bikini Kill in the 90's but really didn't pay much attention. Hanna's story unfolds chronologically and gains momentum as it progresses. In the end you feel how stromg and beautiful she truly is.

• Oct 03, 2015

Very good documentary.

Very good documentary.

• Jun 21, 2015

Very interesting documentary of late 80s/90s punk singer Kathleen Hanna. It also sheds light on why she stopped performing.

• May 23, 2015

Great documentary on Kathleen Hannah! Watched again and it gets me every time.

Great documentary on Kathleen Hannah! Watched again and it gets me every time.

• Apr 19, 2015

This is (part of) the story of the driving force behind Bikini Kill, Riot Grrrl, and Le Tigre-- Kathleen Hanna.--and what happened that made her quit in 2005. Although I think that a documentary about how this wave of punk feminism rose and faded should be a several part series, this was pretty interesting and made me a little nostalgic for shows that included a real risk of injury for smaller people in or near the pit.

• Feb 21, 2015

I knew of the Riot Grrrl movement and I kind of feel like I had heard Kathleen Hanna's name prior to seeing this film. It is an affectionate look at a bit of an unsung hero of modern rock music. She may not have the most accomplished discography but there was a certain spirit to her ethos and she comes across as an endearing individual.

• Feb 10, 2015

I had liked some of her music but now that I know about her i love her.

I had liked some of her music but now that I know about her i love her.

• Feb 03, 2015

I love you, Kathleen Hanna-Horowitz!!!!

I love you, Kathleen Hanna-Horowitz!!!!