Venus And Serena - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Venus And Serena Reviews

March 23, 2015
While I prefer watching and following men's professional tennis over women's, the Williams sisters are a definite exception and I have always found them fascinating. This is a pleasant enough documentary that covers their meteoric rise in tennis and takes a peek at their private lives. However, I wish the filmmakers had dug a little deeper at finding out what makes these two incredible athletes tick.
August 18, 2014
really good profile of some really great champions nice to see the back room stuff that you don't get to see normally.
½ June 22, 2014
An engaging look into the professional rise and challenges faced by Tennis prodigies Venus and Serena Williams. The doc starts up at a critical juncture for the sisters as they face serious medical conditions that happen at a point in their careers where other players go into retirement from the clay and start to diversivy into other fields. Also touching on their impact to the black community and shaking up the sport for women as well, Venus and Serena is a cool sports doc that has a lot to offer especially for those to aspire to greatness from the unlikliest of place.
April 6, 2014
another great documentary of tge Williams' Sisters
½ January 23, 2014
Richard Williams is a tosser!
½ December 31, 2013
As a tennis player and fan, this movie is good.
½ December 20, 2013
Great film that made you understand the Williams sister more and what they had to struggle with in tennis whether it be race or injury
December 8, 2013
It was alright. Not the best doc I've seen. Doesn't really get down to who they really are as people and athletes.
December 2, 2013
I enjoyed the fieriness of these ladies. Explains their utter domination of the sport.
November 9, 2013
Love watching tennis, and this was a very interesting documentary.
½ November 2, 2013
Mostly surface documentary about the Williams sisters. Some mildly interesting behind the scenes stuff, and I love Oracene more than ever, but overall, not as in-depth or as interesting as it ought to be.
October 24, 2013
AMAZING!!! Loved hearing and seeing their story, made me love them even more!!
October 20, 2013
interesting for tennis fans. im not one.
½ September 14, 2013
Finally watched this today on a lazy Saturday afternoon. Loved it. Not exactly an expose, but what a celebration of two incredible athletes. The sisters-besties parts were fantastic.
½ August 4, 2013
Good documentary about the life and hard work of two great tennis players ...and eventual success!
August 2, 2013
One of the best sports documentaries I have seen in the past few years. The story behind Venus and Serena is so unbelievable that it translates into an amazing film!
July 17, 2013
Really good and very inspirational
July 12, 2013
An amazing story on so many levels.
July 12, 2013
It's hardly any kind of documenting masterpiece, but as a fan of the Williams sisters and as a tennis fan, I thought this was both informative and entertaining. I was rarely ever bored, and the documentary kept up a great pace, switching between their initial training and the challenges they have been facing recently. I wish there had been more footage and time dedicated to their teenage years, but regardless, it's still a balanced and highly entertaining documentary that any tennis player should watch.
July 12, 2013
I have interest in watching this movie.