Year One Reviews

• 3d ago

The people who didn't find this movie funny...probably couldn't find the humor in Napoleon Dynamite either. For them u HAVE to watch the movie high to REALLY get the humor. Excellent comedy writing & acting...if u understand comedy in the first place. I also think that the people who didn't like it...mostly didn't like it bc it made fun of the bible. Which imo...is what made it funny.

• Jul 11, 2019

Laugh myself silly whenever I see this movie. A favorite

Laugh myself silly whenever I see this movie. A favorite

• May 12, 2019

A good idea for a comedy, but this is not funny! Very boring! The two leads are dull!

• May 11, 2019

Year One is really just an hour and a half long SNL skit. It is not shot like a professional movie, it really is shot like an SNL skit. The plot is actually interesting and has some great religious and historical themes. The cast is good and play their parts well. The jokes which are the main focus of the movie are 50/50. They either land or they don't. The only real appeal here is the cast and the world. The settings are also well made considering it is an adventure story. Humor is a little vulgar but not overly so. Jack Black steals the show.

• May 07, 2019

not the best movie ever but it made me laugh and I think that's the point of these types of movies. I don't like Jack black or think he's very funny but Michael cera es funny and the jokes were silly.

• Apr 29, 2019

Its really funny, i can watch this movie many times and still get a good laugh

Its really funny, i can watch this movie many times and still get a good laugh

• Apr 21, 2019

I really do not understand the negative reviews here.. This movie is hilarious. Comedy is definitely subjective, but this movie must be too simple for everyone looking for maybe something more hard hitting on religion? Idk, shits funny, but you people probably think SNL is entertaining so your lack of understanding real humor makes sense.

• Apr 08, 2019

All the big comedic names in the world couldn't save this massive dud. The plot was a ridiculous, stupid, low-brow concept dug out of aging compost. The script was devoid of any great lines or comedy; offering us terrible dialogue and sickening toilet humor. Behind the scenes, it was clear that no one was having fun working on this project. They really should have burned the screenplay and abandoned the idea altogether. Completely unbearable!

• Mar 23, 2019

One of my all time favorite comedy movies 😂 just rewatched it, and loved every second of it

• Jan 01, 2019

One of the most underrated comedy I have seen on here as of yet. Come on people get it together. Apparently people don't know what's funny looks like anymore.