Zelig Reviews

• May 03, 2019

The best comedy movie ever made!

The best comedy movie ever made!

• Nov 11, 2018

A fictional documentary like no other. It's hilarious, innovative and shows off the brilliance of Woody's filmmaking skills.

• Apr 23, 2018

Zelig aus dem Jahr 1983 von und mit Woody Allen als Regisseur und Haupdarsteller ist eine fiktive Doku in der es um Leonard Zelig geht. Er ist ein ''menschliches Chamäleon'' dass sich perfekt auf sein Gegenüber einstellen kann und somit ein Meister der Anpassung ist. Diese Mockumentary ist humorvoll und traurig. Sie erinnert an vergangene Zeiten. Owohl nur 71 Minuten lang wirkt Zelig langatmig und teils langweilig.

• Feb 09, 2018

It might be Allen's magnum opus. One word for it: BRILLIANT.

It might be Allen's magnum opus. One word for it: BRILLIANT.

• Jun 03, 2017

This is one of the funniest and most intelligent films I've ever seen. It's very rare to have those two things together, but this film is incredible and makes it work. Creative, funny and tackles some rather philosophical insights into human nature all at the same time. Well done Woody.

• Apr 17, 2017

#woodyallenretro Podcast Project Woody perfects his mockumentary skills from take the money and run to a perfect tee with a very interesting and fantastically shot look into this charismatic chameleon character - still holds up to this day and can fool people to even think this was real person... well... not really but great execution

• Mar 31, 2017

One of the most philosophical, historical, mocking documentary showcasing Woody Allen at the height of his imagination and moral seriousness, thinly and charmingly under the disguise of wit and mockery.

• Mar 07, 2017

Brilliant Film. The story, though somewhat slow at some points, is genius and the dialogue hilarious. The film itself is technically amazing because of its use of blue screen technology in inserting Woody and the cast into old footage and intercut them with re enacted scenes, which you hardly notice. I found myself trying to to dissect the film into "real" and "fake" parts but to no avail. The film contains a myriad of interesting themes that have kept me up at night after watching it. The mockumentary style allows for interesting "mechanics" such as fake interviews and my personal favourite, scenes from a film about the character, to be used, developing the narrative and the atmosphere. My favourite line in the movie is "The Fuhrer had a great joke about Poland planned". I'll leave it there. Watch it !!!!!

• Nov 22, 2016

A brilliant mocumentary perfectly capturing its subject times, dusted with that arrogant, yet nonchalant humour Allen became famous for.

• Sep 17, 2016

Very interesting concept (documentary style movie about something so improbable in a satirical realistic setting) but the delivery wasn't as funny as is known with Woody's work. First 45 mins, the novelty of the concept keeps you going but after that, it drags.