Dickinson: Season 1 Reviews

• Jan 26, 2021

Vapid characters. Absolutely cringe-worthy writing and acting.

Vapid characters. Absolutely cringe-worthy writing and acting.

• Jan 26, 2021

Not making it to season -- after three episodes of the first season, I'm out. And I like Hailee.

• Jan 18, 2021

This show is amazing! The mixture of old and modern creates a unique atmosphere that makes you feel in Emily's head. The show, although it is set in the past, portrays many current problems there are in society adding up to the poetic an personal side of the life of this great author. Very funny, very entertaining, crazy (as it should be), and binge-worthy. Again, another success for Apple TV+

• Jan 17, 2021

Lovely actresses in beautiful costume spouting awkward ridiculousness. I could not watch more than three minutes. Real Emily Dickinson not happy at all about this.

• Jan 13, 2021

Idk if ive ever rated a show on here before, but this one is just perfect. I cant stop rewatching it. Its so funny and quirky and heartfelt. The writing is incredible. I literally just checked out a book of emily dickinson poems from the library.

• Jan 13, 2021

Entertaining, smart and modernized story of Emily Dickinson. Never thought I'd like a show about the poet but I am pleasantly surprised. The music is spot on and action can be a bit absurd but fits nicely with Emily's melodramatic writing style. Beautiful. It's an unknown gem!

• Dec 15, 2020

LOVE the show! Love how it's set in the old times! One of my favorite shows can't wait for season 2!!

• Dec 14, 2020

Entertaining and awesome.

Entertaining and awesome.

• Sep 13, 2020

I was not prepared to fall in love with this show the way I have. Incredible set and costume design work wonderfully with the framing and directing, the writing is absolutely magnificent as are the performances, even the soundtrack is on point. Hailee Steinfeld perfectly captures the modern, slightly absurdist version of Emily Dickinson created by Alena Smith, and the supporting cast help bring this whole, colourful world to life.

• Aug 14, 2020

I love love love Hailee's acting even if the whole story and set-up is rather bizarre.