Prodigal Son: Season 1 Reviews

• Jun 26, 2020

If you're old enough you remember the days when network TV produced truly visceral, intelligent and artistic programming. Think LA Law, Hillstreet Blues and The West Wing to name but a few. Now try to name anything on the big 4 that comes even close to matching those legendary achievements. Can't be done. What exactly happened here? In the golden age of content we see the streaming platforms and premium cable channels taking the ball and running with it in spectacular fashion while network execs get lost in trying to play catch up. And what bothers me most is that it's so apparent. Network shows feel like network shows - formulaic, overly safe, full of bad dialogue and cheesy beyond belief. Prodigal Son is so THAT show. If HBO made it imagine how great it could be but instead we are left with a decent premise that drowns in the weight of its own dogmatic approach. The great divide between the curators of great content and those of filler entertainment is the lay of the land these days. Fox and its painfully average Prodigal Son show us that.

• Jun 11, 2020

Tom Payne and Michael Sheen are both a joy to watch. I'll admit there are times when some of the story lines get just a little flimsy. It wouldn't hurt if Bright wasn't always miraculously riggt but over all the show is engaging with mostly really good actors and has enough mystery to make you wanna return each week. I hope we get a second season.

• Jun 09, 2020

Love this show!! Binge watched it, couldn't get enough Michael Sheen is amazingly creepy!! And that ending! Bring on Season 2

• May 25, 2020

A fresh take on quirky detectives/consultants. Often very corny, often disjointed but ultimately held together by Bellamy as the mother, Michael as the grotesque and LDP as the Lt. I'm really keen to see how the family survives for the next season. I really want to see how far the writers will push the envelope on this one.

• May 22, 2020

Excellent. Manages to handle dramatic subplots without breaking characters, who are all fairly emotionally competent.

• May 21, 2020

Casting for the father/son was def on point! They play the hell out of their roles!

• May 20, 2020

it was so good... Scary, intense, suspenseful, thrilling... You name it

it was so good... Scary, intense, suspenseful, thrilling... You name it

• May 18, 2020

It has suspense, drama, some romance, and a great story line! All the characters are worth getting to know!!

• May 13, 2020

I love this show! The season finale was jaw dropping!! Best show on tv right now

• May 12, 2020

The best show ever created by fox. It's unreal. Obsessed.

The best show ever created by fox. It's unreal. Obsessed.