Ultraviolet - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ultraviolet Reviews

½ October 14, 2016
There is actually not much to report. The plot is not quite uninteresting, but the CGI / greenscreen effects and the dialogues are very weak.

Generally I consider Ultraviolet for a weak film.

I rate it with 2 and half stars.

For action lovers, not recommended.
October 10, 2016
The BMW motorcycle does not sound nicely like a 2 cylinder boxer engine would, it sounds rather like a 4 cylinder engine! just a cheap fake!
Do moviemakers think the audience is stupid or what?
August 10, 2016
I'm only giving this one star because it's Mila Jovovich, otherwise it's crap!
July 30, 2016
A film that we all knew would be terrible and it sure was just that, The story is old and has been done so many times, The action was poor and pretty lifeless, The effects were terrible, Poor acting and the script felt like it was written by teenagers, It's silly and corny it feels like a cheap PS2 game, The only reason it has a full star is because I have a soft spot for Milla Jovovich and I think she was only in it for the easy pay check.
July 10, 2016
good movie good movie saw holl movey this time on crackle so yha good
½ June 17, 2016
Worst film I've seen that I can remember since I saw it yesterday. Fast-forwarded most of it because so boring.
June 6, 2016
l had heard this was a must see did not realixe that they ment it only if you wanted to see the absolute worst movie EVER made, including winner of dumbest movie with s nonsensical plot, retarded action sequences the only movie that you feel your iq dropping as you watch it!
½ April 15, 2016
I strongly disagree with the critics on the Resident Evil series, which I find fantastically entertaining and for what they intend to be, very adept. But unfortunately, a good thing only goes so far in the movie world. Ultraviolet is the worst of the Resident Evil series, blended with copycat Matrix bits and a suffocating dose of Japanese stylization. The results are bland and extremely confusing. At times, it's shameful just how bad Ultraviolet's CGI is. All too often, the best sequences are cut away from, likely due to budget and effects issues. It's a real shame too. The cutting shot that Ultraviolet takes at radicalism of all forms is admirable and in the right light, it could have been something, or at least entertaining. As is, it's hard to even admire Jovovich, one of my favorite female action stars. Not worth your time or your pawn shop dollars, as it turns out.
March 15, 2016
This show was very interesting. Milla is compelling. The killing looks more like dance or poetry as the movie takes you through a comic book feel in a dystopian world full of metaphor and masonic and Christian symbolism.
½ March 12, 2016
Watched the first 15 minutes, pants.
½ February 7, 2016
God what a disaster, can see this shit anymore!
February 2, 2016
I like this movie a lot. It's entertaining and fast paced. The acting could be better but I liked it because of Milla Jovovich and the action scenes. I've seen better movies but this is 100% eye-candy to me and hey, I like what I like.
½ January 24, 2016
Whatever this was supposed to be, or what it might've been in it's original form, I don't know yah, but what's up on the screen finally is no less than a blatant style steal from The Matrix, and its that without any of the supporting scripting fills to prop it up or fill it out. I'm a fan of Milla J. but this was a chore to endure.
½ October 27, 2015
11,- and 90 min. of my life I will never get back.
August 21, 2015
This would have been better off as an animated video, rather than a live action. The CGI was poorly executed and the plot was overly used and very lazy. I fell asleep trying to watch this.
½ August 16, 2015
Ultraviolet makes Ĉon Flux look like Citizen Kane.
½ July 4, 2015
This is a stylistic, stunt/action movie. Milla Jovovich's performance as an ass-kicking, live-by-the-sword, bad ass makes this movie worth watching. The sci-fi tech/fights are cool too. The movie relies too much on CGI which at times comes off as cheap looking, and the plot was thin at best. If you are into these types of movies you will enjoy it, if you want depth this might not be for you.
June 21, 2015
Can I say something good about this cyberpunk scifi movie? I don't think so actually. Maybe only the changing-colour dresses or the weapons that can be made appear from I don't know where at need are very good, but nothing more. The cgi is terrible, and I also had the doubt that was a choice to make it so bad, and not because the technician didn't manage to create a good one. But if this is the case it would twice as terrible, because in the late 2000 you can't create a movie like this with an early '80s cgi.
½ May 24, 2015
Incoherent action scenes, generic characters, laughable effects and unwatchable filters. Only things going for it is It's somewhat slick directing and Jovovich.