Ultraviolet - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ultraviolet Reviews

½ November 13, 2017
Dumb boring forgettable mishmash garbage
½ November 11, 2017
Uninspired and unwatchable. A waste of time and talent.
½ November 10, 2017
Sometimes bad movies are made by incapable people. Sometimes they're so bad they're good. Sometimes they're like watching a twelve car pileup on the free way... which sounds interesting until you see the gore on the side of the road. This film is none of those things. One of the most boring, truly awful, offensive and poorly made films ever released. "The Room" is Citizen Kane compared to this steaming wet pile of trash. It doesn't even deserve to be called a 'movie.'
½ November 1, 2017
Itīs a testament to Milla Jovovichīs perfection that I watched this entire Aeon Flux rip-off ridiculousness from beginning to end. Literally the only good thing I can say about this movie is that they make Milla look great in that hot futuristic Aeon Flux way (not that she needed her face photoshopped for the entire movie though), but thatīs not a stretch. I do guess I enjoyed myself by going "wow, that was terrible/awful/ridiculous/what!? every two seconds.
½ November 1, 2017
½ October 15, 2017
After his masterpiece we got this, whatever it was meant to be it certainly failed. A giant mess with boring characters and dull story line;
October 6, 2017
It's really difficult to focus on the awful story with the terrible "cartoon-y" CGI.
September 16, 2017
I like this movie. A lot. I like that the lead is a woman, and that she is totally badass. The colors in the film are emphatic and bold, but also neat, clean and crisp. The film feels very futuristic, and the architecture of Shanghi helps with that. The overall look of the film is very cool!

The film has a logical plot, but moves very fast. I understand that the director and Jovavich were shut out of the editing phase of the movie, and were both very angry about what the studio did to shorten the film and emphasis action over story. Too bad that we'll never get to see the full 122 minute film, as the cut scenes might have added in more of the human interaction the final film gives short shrift to. Nevertheless, the film is fast paced, the fight scenes are choreographed like a cross between martial arts and dancing, and it looks good. Also, she kills 700 guys in black armor; she's no slacker.

I'll agree that the film plot is thin, but there's enough there to make me care about Violet, and to cheer her on when she goes to rescue six. 700 men, guys! That is some female warrior badassery the likes of which we don't usually get to see. Mila may have disavowed the film, but I like to watch it once a year, just to image a world where a woman could be that strong, that determined, and that indomitable.
January 11, 2017
Very Forgettable movie with over the top action, bad dialog, bad special effects and a very odd storyline.
December 27, 2016
Table so called a superhero movie that nobody has heard about until watch mojo puts this movie on top 10 best action sequences in movies but is a movie starring milla jovovich. Their are two things that I like in this entire movie, hence me giving this movie two stars for two good things, but hey I'm giving this movie a chance, I never give this treatment to other makes but this garbage fun movie is an exception. Now for my two good, the action sequences because they are alright crazy and hilarious to watch, their so cheesy that's it's fun to watch, and milla jovovichs character violet and she appeal to the audience, that's the only reason that somebody would see this movie at all, it's because the poster for this movie is milla jovovich and her skinny stomach showing, not for oh it's some kind of superhero movie. But without milla jovovich I would give this movie a half star but she's in it so it's still terrible, but not as terrible. The story is garbage, just terrible , but still like milla jovovich s action sequences, but besides that the connection of 6 and milla jovovich just do not click, it's just dumb.
November 19, 2016
The acting is comically horrible.
½ October 14, 2016
There is actually not much to report. The plot is not quite uninteresting, but the CGI / greenscreen effects and the dialogues are very weak.

Generally I consider Ultraviolet for a weak film.

I rate it with 2 and half stars.

For action lovers, not recommended.
October 10, 2016
The BMW motorcycle does not sound nicely like a 2 cylinder boxer engine would, it sounds rather like a 4 cylinder engine! just a cheap fake!
Do moviemakers think the audience is stupid or what?
August 10, 2016
I'm only giving this one star because it's Mila Jovovich, otherwise it's crap!
jamrcla
July 30, 2016
A film that we all knew would be terrible and it sure was just that, The story is old and has been done so many times, The action was poor and pretty lifeless, The effects were terrible, Poor acting and the script felt like it was written by teenagers, It's silly and corny it feels like a cheap PS2 game, The only reason it has a full star is because I have a soft spot for Milla Jovovich and I think she was only in it for the easy pay check.
July 10, 2016
good movie good movie saw holl movey this time on crackle so yha good
½ June 17, 2016
Worst film I've seen that I can remember since I saw it yesterday. Fast-forwarded most of it because so boring.
June 6, 2016
l had heard this was a must see did not realixe that they ment it only if you wanted to see the absolute worst movie EVER made, including winner of dumbest movie with s nonsensical plot, retarded action sequences the only movie that you feel your iq dropping as you watch it!
½ April 15, 2016
I strongly disagree with the critics on the Resident Evil series, which I find fantastically entertaining and for what they intend to be, very adept. But unfortunately, a good thing only goes so far in the movie world. Ultraviolet is the worst of the Resident Evil series, blended with copycat Matrix bits and a suffocating dose of Japanese stylization. The results are bland and extremely confusing. At times, it's shameful just how bad Ultraviolet's CGI is. All too often, the best sequences are cut away from, likely due to budget and effects issues. It's a real shame too. The cutting shot that Ultraviolet takes at radicalism of all forms is admirable and in the right light, it could have been something, or at least entertaining. As is, it's hard to even admire Jovovich, one of my favorite female action stars. Not worth your time or your pawn shop dollars, as it turns out.