Amazing Grace - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Amazing Grace Reviews

½ March 30, 2016
Excellent film with a stellar cast, about one of the greatest events in the beginning of the war to stop prejudice and human injustice.
January 8, 2016
Fantastic movie. So inspiring. Makes me want to work as I can to "crack crowns".
November 21, 2015
This average biopic has the perfect material to be made into a quintessential modern classic, but it sadly lacks soul and intensity, resulting in a rather dull experience that doesn't quite live up to the importance of its real-life character.
October 28, 2015
Want to see it again.
½ September 13, 2015
Fine historic bio-pic that's a finely crafted piece of work
August 27, 2015
This is one of those movies that I watched in school that I actually sort of enjoyed.
½ May 26, 2015
A powerful narrative that shows the passion behind abolitionist efforts in the UK.
April 5, 2015
It's so nice to see a Christian film doing really well in Hollywood.
March 13, 2015
I watched it in three sittings, so the already a little confusing timeline was more confusing. They advertise the movie as describing where the song came from, but it has already been written before the events in the movie take place and is sung in the first 10 minutes. I watched it to learn more about the history at the time, and watched it with subtitles, which are two things that make it hard to rate the movie as a movie. I'll probably watch it again at some point just as a movie, and see if I like it more.
March 8, 2015
Nice epic movie with a great theme, and great characters. Based on a true story! Probably as accurate as could be. It's the fight against slavery by a minority at first. Of course, this is ra ra english story to pretend they were the first. Well nowaday, we have the internet and ususal english bull don't pass muster. The timeline for abolishing slavery is not clear cut. They abolish one bit, the slaverers continue another way. France did abolish slavery first during the revolution, but Napoleon reintroduce it 8 years later. The english win against the french did not reabolish it. The french redid it later and the timeline is not quite in favor of the english on this front. In any case, the film is a nice cleaned-up english version that shows a nice evolution of mentality, even amongst barbarians englishes, ever the best at bombing and suffering, and tooting their horn. Haha! Enjoy!
½ February 12, 2015
I have always loved this song. I love it more now. It is very special.
January 30, 2015
Not as memorable as you'd think but a good film nonetheless. Full review later.
January 18, 2015
A lot of great actors to pay tribute to one of my favorite books, and one of my favorite people, ever.
½ November 9, 2014
Succeeds mainly on the strength of its performances, as it isn't as striking a drama as it should be. Amazing Grace is very noble, and probably one of the best religiously driven films of recent years.
½ November 5, 2014
This is a great movie and it is a true story so even better
½ October 21, 2014
The cut is a little bit tangled making hard to follow every hop in time.

Otherwise, script and photography are good and the cast does a good job.
½ September 2, 2014
Well put-together story of Wilberforce's ceaseless fight for abolition of slavery in Great Britain - with the occasional glimmer of how much more needed to be done.
June 29, 2014
Really inspiring, especially for someone in the pro-life movement, which mirrors this fight so closely.
June 17, 2014
Very interesting story of the end of slavery in England most Americans do not know it and will be fascinated if they like court movies
½ June 7, 2014
Amazing Grace is a well-made and well-acted biopic.