Priest Reviews

• Dec 01, 2019

This is not a bad movie. An excellent cast gives it a bit of a lift. I like all the main characters and given the plot they did a 3.5 star job

• Oct 14, 2019

Priest has a good visual style, decent performances, an entertaining villain in the form of Black Hat and an amazing opening animated prelude. Too bad the rest of the movie couldn't have been like that animated prologue. While there are some stylish action sequences, they come off as few and far between. And at 81 minutes, not including credits, that's not good. And if you've seen virtually any other stylish vampire-slaying action movie such as the Blade trilogy, then you're not going to find much that's new here. And based off of other reviews and my retrospective pondering on this movie, there's actually a racist element in here, likely owing to the Western side of things (that's right, The Matrix, Blade and all the former's knockoffs aren't the only ones this movie is transparently copying from). Priest wanted to be a good movie but it just isn't. There is a sliver lining, though. This movie did teach me about the existence of manhwa, which essentially means a Korean comic. My point is, I wouldn't have heard of them if not for this movie, which is based off of one of these manhwa. Hey, you learn something new everyday.

• Sep 25, 2019

One of the best movies of this type of Genre. A lot of action and great acting, with a very solid plot that the director pulled togeather to make it a good follow story for a cyberpunk style of movie.

• Aug 27, 2019

The only thing that was good in this movie is the whole idea of the church is the state and to disobey the church is to disobey god. It was a glimpse into totalitarianism in its purest form. The rest is pure garbage.

• Jul 20, 2019

I felt like Paul Bethany and the director did as much as they could with a horrible script. Some scenes are good but don't go in with to high expectations.

• Jul 02, 2019

I'll never understand haters. Scott Stewart directing did a remarkable job. The action, the sets, the CGI, the actors, the storyline were all on point. This film is light-years above most vampire movies. It will probably take some time before it comes into its own like most great movies that are ostracize before the masses get it.

• May 19, 2019

I actually loved it and wish there was a second

I actually loved it and wish there was a second

• Apr 28, 2019

I watched this on SyFy, and for a vampire movie it was everything I expected. I was entertained, and that's what a movie is supposed to do. People judge certain movies a little too harshly. This movie did what it came to do.

• Mar 06, 2019

Great movie action packed really enjoyed it

Great movie action packed really enjoyed it

• Dec 23, 2018

Love this movie, shame it wasnâ(TM)t longer.

Love this movie, shame it wasnâ(TM)t longer.