Orphan - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Orphan Reviews

½ June 13, 2018
I was expecting some paranormal or occult twist at the end and the director is doing a good work throughout the movie on letting planning the doubt about Esther's secret. I liked the director's choice of keeping the movie grounded in reality which in the end reinforced the unsettling feeling. However, the adoption process kind of made no sense at all and the husband's distrust for his wife was over the top and seemed to be there only for plot convenience. Isabelle Fuhrman nailed it as the evil manipulative child and her acting kind of kept the movie together. Ending was all too predictable and the movie could have benefited from a darker ending.
June 2, 2018
Interesting that this film generates so much hostility for being rather cliche and formulaic, but that's the genre; they're all cliche and formulaic. Yes, people behave stupidly, timings are ridiculous, but that's always the case. This one does a rather nice twist on the demon child theme which I think makes it a nice addition to the genre.
May 27, 2018
Worth watching for Fuhrman even if you like nothing else about it.
May 18, 2018
On a Friday night at home alone, I found this movie very entertaining with just the right amount of scare.
April 30, 2018
It's my favorite movie.
½ April 10, 2018
Crazy...............dark.
March 22, 2018
This movie really has stuck with me. SCARY
March 2, 2018
Creepy, reminds me of Wednesday from The Addams Family.
½ February 25, 2018
A bit comedic at the start, it goes into serial killer territory relatively quickly. Good new spin about a lethal gir...oh, little girl I mean. Not all that formulaic but it could have been better, and it will surely now that girls are the heroes.
½ February 20, 2018
"i'm not your f***ing mummy" Funny line.
The films ok, quite tense at times and a bit jumpy once or twice. But after a while I felt the film dragged on. Also the ending felt rushed and I wasn't pleased with it.
½ February 5, 2018
this movie got me fucking heated i swear to god this movie is so fucking stupid like they cant kill a 33 year old scrawnt dward like bith i wouldve snapped her neck or something stupid ass bitches.
½ January 23, 2018
All right pretty incredible that people think that this film should have been rated higher than 56% or that this film was ignored by the Oscar's!! OMG what mentally damaged person could say that. This film was without a doubt horrible and tragically bad..worse than a rotten baby diaper and should be taken out to the garbage with the rest of the trash.

A grown man get dizzy w blurred vision (drunk) after a bottle of wine...really..Boones Farm...LOL
January 14, 2018
This movie was chilling & brilliantly made...how the heck did it only get 56% rating?!?!?! How the Oscars ignored this movie just baffles me!! Reviewers are complaining that the plot lines are cliché or predictable...well, that is just absurd...it took balls to do this movie and it should have gotten a lot more respect. Such a unique twisted vision at something we can hardly imagine much less live thru, God forbid...
December 21, 2017
While this is certainly not the best of films, it sure does have its moments where tension builds and you're suddenly found on the edge of your seat.
Worth a watch at least once, but do go in with somewhat lower expectations than you normally would with its quite unique premise and you should find plenty of entertainment.
December 18, 2017
Puntaje Original: 6.0

Si trataron de dar miedo, fallaron en su intento; pero si lo hubieran hecho un drama, tenian una gran historia por explotar.
½ November 23, 2017
This movie had me on the edge of my seat and genuinely unsettled me. Fair acting and a very good story.
November 17, 2017
It was really awesome. especially ,the last 15 minutes were amazing.
September 11, 2017
it was really good and I love the movie
September 10, 2017
Frightening enough without having to resort the fantastical or the supernatural. The acting throughout is believable,the story is actually plausible without too much of a reach.