Orphan - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Orphan Reviews

January 18, 2017
Well acted, with a strong script, an organized screenplay and interesting story.
½ January 15, 2017
A damn good horror movie, one of the best ones to come out in a long while. Everything was done well - the writing, the directing, the acting, the editing, and the film has a very realistic quality to it, while still being the kind of movie you shout at the screen with friends at a theater. And I don't know who this actress is who plays this girl, but she has nutso acting-chops. If you want a good, f***ed up horror movie to go see, look no further.
December 20, 2016
I hope I don't develop any brain damage after watching this awful piece of crap that goes for every single ridiculous clich of horror movies: from stupid scares even when there is nothing to be afraid of to the most irritating idiocy of nobody ever believing the main character.
½ November 25, 2016
Just for the twist !!
October 30, 2016
Starts out promising and has quite the climactic twist, but "Orphan" completely stumbles after that, and hits nearly every thriller cliche on the way down.
October 7, 2016
This movie was legitimately messed up. By the end my jaw was dropped. One of my favorite horror movies!
jamrcla
July 28, 2016
A film that would of been pretty poor if it didn't have quite an interesting twist at the end but still pretty average film that's more mystery than horror.
July 28, 2016
This was a very entertaining, enjoyable and well-made horror film. In saying that, there WERE three distinct flaws that came to mind: One, I'm not sure a marriage THAT troubled would be allowed to adopt a child; two, I don't see how ANYONE as intelligent as that pair are proposed to be would ever adopt anyone without having the necessary background information; and three, being a parent myself, there's no way on God's green earth that I would have continued the social experiment of the orphan's adoption the very first moment that something bizarre happened, or that things went awry.

Keeping my aforementioned small problems with the film's plot problems in mind, I still greatly enjoyed the film and it was highly enjoyable throughout. I particularly enjoyed the troubled artwork of the orphan in question (shown in neon, only when ultraviolet light was presented).

½ July 20, 2016
It has a talented cast and a decent twist but I've always felt this one was a failure because it could've been so much better.
July 1, 2016
This is not to be seen as a horror film but as a thriller film. Orphan offers some interesting moments throughout the film, very few scares, interesting strong, and the almost-too-good cast performances.
June 26, 2016
A skillful thriller, well acted by the young villain.
June 2, 2016
Pretty good horror which reminded me of the Omen. For a 12 year old actress, Fuhrman does an excellent job and is very convincing and pretty creepy.
½ June 1, 2016
It's actually good, I mean, they were kind with the jumpscares, but sometimes I think maybe they went a little bit overboard with the gore. This'll make people doubt adopting kids, and I'm not a big fan of some kids doing a gore scene, because if there is a child accidentally watching this film, can you imagine what would happen?
May 22, 2016
I've watched this movie a lot of times and it never gets old
May 13, 2016
Overall, "Orphan" delivers a fair share of scares, it's well acted and competently directed, but one can't help the feeling that it might just be a tad "undercooked". Yes, there are some welcomed twists, but here's the problem: in the given setup, most of them are fairly predictable and the outcome is always same.
Yet, overall, the film delivers what it's set out to deliver and horror fans might find a thing or two to chew on.

My two cents: 3/5.
½ May 9, 2016
so bad i wish i was dead
April 8, 2016
Just absolutely inspired! A psychological slasher film with an astounding performance by Vera Farmiga, and a plot twist that will make you want to see it again. In my opinion, it was like Scream and Misery combined with a Halloween type of atmosphere. Definitely a proud recommendation!?????????????????????????????????????
March 6, 2016
Si trataron de dar miedo, fallaron en su intento; pero si lo hubieran hecho un drama, tenian una gran historia por explotar.