Orphan - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Orphan Reviews

½ July 20, 2016
It has a talented cast and a decent twist but I've always felt this one was a failure because it could've been so much better.
July 1, 2016
This is not to be seen as a horror film but as a thriller film. Orphan offers some interesting moments throughout the film, very few scares, interesting strong, and the almost-too-good cast performances.
June 26, 2016
A skillful thriller, well acted by the young villain.
June 2, 2016
Pretty good horror which reminded me of the Omen. For a 12 year old actress, Fuhrman does an excellent job and is very convincing and pretty creepy.
½ June 1, 2016
It's actually good, I mean, they were kind with the jumpscares, but sometimes I think maybe they went a little bit overboard with the gore. This'll make people doubt adopting kids, and I'm not a big fan of some kids doing a gore scene, because if there is a child accidentally watching this film, can you imagine what would happen?
May 22, 2016
I've watched this movie a lot of times and it never gets old
May 13, 2016
Overall, "Orphan" delivers a fair share of scares, it's well acted and competently directed, but one can't help the feeling that it might just be a tad "undercooked". Yes, there are some welcomed twists, but here's the problem: in the given setup, most of them are fairly predictable and the outcome is always same.
Yet, overall, the film delivers what it's set out to deliver and horror fans might find a thing or two to chew on.

My two cents: 3/5.
½ May 9, 2016
so bad i wish i was dead
April 8, 2016
Just absolutely inspired! A psychological slasher film with an astounding performance by Vera Farmiga, and a plot twist that will make you want to see it again. In my opinion, it was like Scream and Misery combined with a Halloween type of atmosphere. Definitely a proud recommendation!?????????????????????????????????????
March 6, 2016
Si trataron de dar miedo, fallaron en su intento; pero si lo hubieran hecho un drama, tenian una gran historia por explotar.
March 5, 2016
I still like this movie despite the critisicm regarding this movie, maybe due to beautiful Farmiga. But it still can frighten you and has very decent scary moments.
½ February 25, 2016
I don't like horror movies, but I like this one. It's nothing to do with ghost thing. Though the last scene, Esther is disappeared in the warm house, I've already though of that. Still, I think the story is actually not bad. It's not so big, but, at least, there's one.
February 10, 2016
A very well made movie.
½ February 9, 2016
Even though this came out before "Case 39" ...I feel there are similar elements. This films contains many common horror cliches. Aside from this, the character development was amazing; halfway into the film, I felt emotion and sympathy for the characters.
- The acting was brilliant, couldn't be more close to perfection.
- The director definitely saved this film from being absolutely cheesy.
But overall, I give this film a big thumbs up. Especially for it's shock value, in which no one could possibly predict.
- This film I highly recommend. I have no issues. Though, for such a long horror film, the ending felt rushed. I also felt that this movie could have raised the stakes and shock factor, but it was still acceptable and most definitely enjoyable for a 2nd time.
½ February 3, 2016
A surprisingly effective horror film - a smart, adult horror thriller that takes risks, goes to some very dark, disturbing places and proves that a horror film can still shock the hell out of you.
½ January 23, 2016
The villain would rank as right about my most hated of all time.
January 8, 2016
If you don't appreciate horror films that turn into a romantic kissing fest, skip it. Freaking disgusting.
January 6, 2016
I hope I didn't develop any brain damage from watching this awful piece of crap that goes for every single ridiculous clich of horror movies: from stupid scares even when there is nothing to be afraid of to the most irritating idiocy of nobody ever believing the main character.
December 21, 2015
A film with emotions and a great end.
December 8, 2015