Grace - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Grace Reviews

March 22, 2016
Ambitious but amateurish attempt at a different type of horror movie that tries way too hard; resorting to heavy handed symbolism and irreverent shock value.
½ January 16, 2016
Sometimes effective spin on the evil baby horror genre.
November 30, 2015
Even if it does manage to be efficient sometimes, this overly twisted horror movie is unfortunately mostly unscary, which is not a problem per se, but it tries too hard to be much more graphic and sickening than genuinely unsettling.
October 26, 2015
Grace isn't a horror movie that will terrify you... It is a horror movie that you will find deeply disturbing.
½ September 2, 2015
Stilted, boring and completely ridiculous. There is a complete lack of suspense which is partly to do with the completely wooden acting. I dare say you could get a more naturalistic performance out of a flat pack wardrobe. No film maker sets out to make a bad movie and all film is subjective but I was surprised to see such a high critic rating. I could have forgiven the preposterous plot if there had been a little more tension and humour, It could have worked in a Babadook sort of way, sadly no. It limps along to an all too predictable climax and we're all left wondering what was the point.
½ September 1, 2015
A strange movie that is for sure but it seemed to lack something to make it feel like a proper movie.
July 15, 2015
The final shot of this film will absolutely stick with you...its been 6 years and its still in my mind.
May 24, 2015
It's a mocking against the meaning of grace.

Grace is about life
baby needs bloodshed to life

Grace is about health
baby is sick
May 2, 2015
Okay-ish horror flick Grace knows what buttons to press but just can't seem to get a good grasp on its audience. Jordan Ladd gives a very good performance and the film is memorable, but unlike other films in the same vein like The Omen or Rosemary's Baby it doesn't settle under the skin it just wavers. The extremely quite score and washed-out colours reveal an intriguing premise as a disappointingly boring and often kind of tedious picture.
March 8, 2015
Worth seeing but don't save it for a Saturday night. Too slow for me. You could fold laundry while watching it. The lead actress, Jordan Ladd is so pretty and despite all she is going through continues look amazing.
January 1, 2015
This is a horror movie or well its more of a drama / mystery which suits better i think. The plot seemed rather decent at first but the whole story turned out to be quite weird and strange to be honest and definitely nothing interesting or enjoyable stuff for a story in any genre. It has some disturbing scenes aswell and for some viewers it might be to much but for the hardcore horror fans its better anyway to stay away and pick up something better with a more exciting story so this flick you can easily skip in my opinion.
November 24, 2014
It was a cool idea with fucked up imagery that was awesome but it needed better acting and drama.
November 4, 2014
Profoundly disturbing, very well made, written and acted but suffers a bit on pace. A true descent into madness.
½ October 30, 2014
Horribly disturbing!
½ September 26, 2014

"I'm sick."-Madeline Matherson (Jordan Ladd)

In my opinion, Solet, does not hold women in very high regard, as every female character is off their rocker. He also dedicated the film to his mum. Weird.
September 22, 2014
Couldn't finish it--just fast-forwarded through. So obvious where it was going.
September 20, 2014
"Grace" is what I like to call this generation's "Rosemary's Baby". Though it lacks the classic status of that film, it evokes the same suspense and paranoia and even leaves room for some truly disturbing ideas and violence. Neither the audience or the main character truly knows what Grace is (is she a zombie or a vampire or a franken-baby?), and it proves more frightening with that notion in mind. But the film is equally as creepy and disquieting when you look at it as a Polanski-esque descent into maternal madness. Plus, the ending is a jaw-dropper.
½ August 24, 2014
Enjoyable by some, but will probably leave you with a feeling of depression as it is not a very upbeat film. Watch it with friends, its fun in a weird way.
August 24, 2014
not much horror but heavy on blood. It's right there on the movie poster but apparently many reviewers were shocked to discover it in the movie. At any rate it's an "ok" movie about the lengths a mother may go to for her child.
August 21, 2014
Original, creepy, very gross, interesting, but not a very good movie overall.