The Last Song - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Last Song Reviews

½ September 14, 2016
It is almost difficult to imagine more cliched and manipulative characters and dialogue. And it's not only the typical button-pishing reaction that we get from this movie: the motivation of the leads for saying and doing all this cringy stuff is impossibly difficult to understand (even for people who don't give up 5 minutes in - but actually sit through this mess). So the audience is caught between annoyance over the many cliches that weren't dialed down the least and confused perplexity. I wanted to smack my laptop every now and again (e.g. whenever "Ronnie" decides it would be good to be angry at someone) just to stop the pain that having to watch this movie caused me.
August 21, 2016
but i HATE her accent and laugh almost as bad as the actor in Tokyo drift
½ July 1, 2016
I read the book prior to watching the movie. So maybe that's why I was utterly disappointed. This movie had taken away the core of the book and turned it into a sappy, shallow, love story. There were so many elements from the book that had been taken out which made the gist of the movie have absolutely no sense. The book centered on family with a lovestory on the sideline. The movie centered on the lovestory with the family as the sideline. I understand it's two bankable artists plus it's a Nicholas Sparks adaptation so it's expected to be heavy on love, but there was just no depth, no sense to the story. It was superficial and boring, to say the least.
March 27, 2016
ewww....miley cyrus. That's all I have to say
March 5, 2016
Cuando tratas mezclar tramas distintas y las haces desvariar en una película, este es el resultado, ademas de una mala actuación de Miley Cyrus, The Last Song es inconstante, pero le puede llegar a emocionar a alguien que no note la mala estructura de este film.
January 30, 2016
Deifying death happens admits lifetime..... Great script, playful and corny.
January 18, 2016
Nicholas Sparks makes sentimental shite but... I watched this for the gorgeous Georgian see shore scenery and the beautifull plantations with spanish moss. Plus Greg Kinnair. For the rest.... sparks.... NOT.
½ January 7, 2016
Wow Miley Cyrus can't act.
Greg Kinnear's performance was the only thing keeping this flick afloat.
½ December 28, 2015
Very predictable story and does not move you, acting Miley Cyrus very weak, including the entire cast, photography is beautiful
October 21, 2015
Teenage angst, romance and dealing with death. It's mostly downbeat despite the fact it's not purposely attempting to be - so don't expect too many laughs.
½ August 31, 2015
I really enjoyed it!
August 17, 2015
Doesn't that face just piss you off or what!?
July 17, 2015
I loved it so much it was awsome when the met but sad when her dad died
½ June 10, 2015
One of my favorite movies adapted from a Nicholas Sparks book.
June 10, 2015
I actually laughed, OUT LOUD, at the painfully melodramatic schlock that this movie attempts to peddle as drama.
April 22, 2015
I won't let me watch
April 14, 2015
The last song is touching and romantic best movie ever ð~?ð'¦
April 7, 2015
love it so sad but also so good and nappy
March 12, 2015
Miley and Liam were soo cute in this movie. I like this movie no matter what people say. Miley was so pretty in this too