Flash Gordon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Flash Gordon Reviews

November 2, 2016
Genial para la Úpoca
September 24, 2016
Bright, colourful and a bit camp, but perfectly tongue in cheek escapism for 90 mins. Gordon's alive!
September 21, 2016
Oh wow! Cheese galore! "Flash I love you but we've only got 14 hours to save the earth!"
September 17, 2016
Fun, funny, bizarre and often perverse, Flash Gordon is like a post-Star Wars hallucination that nonetheless stays surprisingly faithful to the Buster Crabbe serials. Written by the creator of the 1966 Batman TV series with production design and costumes by Pasolini's frequent collaborator, a soundtrack by Queen and sizeable roles for Max von Sydow, Timothy Dalton, Brian Blessed and Haim Topol, this is really hard to beat when it comes to camp sci-fi fun. It knows exactly what it is and embraces it so fully that it's hard not to be transfixed.
½ August 14, 2016
A very colourful movie with some pretty awful green screen work, yet a movie that fully embraces the fact that it's a total cheesefest and just gets on with the job of entertaining. Somehow it all kinda works and the music certainly plays its part in that.
½ August 6, 2016
OMG campy, I love it, seeing a young kingsley shacklebolt and no no bond that young is just fun
July 25, 2016
ma favourite film of all time.
July 19, 2016
Legendary cult movie is so bad it's fucking great, one of those cinematic experiments that happen once in life, no blockbuster with both CGI could overcome this visual delight.
½ June 29, 2016
Iconic rock-band Queen makes this sci-fi campiness work as well as deLaurentes' very dry, often missed humor and over-the-top sets.
June 1, 2016
A gloriously tacky but fun Sci-Fi Action film based on the incredibly successful Flash Gordon a theatrical serial from 1936.

The story of all American Jock kidnapped by a mad scientist to become a savior of earth. The film is just fun & has pretty good visual effects for 1979/80.

The costumes are crazy & the look of the film is bizarre but it has an awesome soundtrack donated by Queen. It's camp but no doubt will appeal to many which it did & has become a cult hit in its own right these days.
May 13, 2016
Flash is played by a very unappealing actor but the effects and costumes are awesome
April 17, 2016
The king of camp filmmaking!
April 14, 2016
Seeing this movie in a theater was a turning point in my 8-year-old life. The soundtrack, the eyeballs oozing out, the dare-you-to-stick-your-hand-in-the-hole-where-the weird scorpion-thing dwells, the epic final flight scene... Amaze-balls!
April 12, 2016
Flash Gordon is a weird 80s superhero action movie based around a quarterback turned galaxy saver.
April 7, 2016
Who are we kidding here? This movie was shit. Star Wars came out 3 years before this and looks 500x better... The only reason this movie gets any credit is because of Queen doing the music...
March 29, 2016
Very old school science- fiction with so bad, it is good effects make Flash Gordon a cult classic
March 4, 2016
A cheesy film that is just so amazing with it, it is a fact that a lot of people who enjoy the film enjoy it with good reason...
February 26, 2016
this is one of my favourite movies of all time. it has great aliens creatures, music and its just an awesome film.
January 26, 2016
Now and again I come across an old film I must have seen 100 times but have forgotten to review. Flash Gorden is the quintessential cheesy action-fantasy and that's saying something because most film in the split genres are very cheesy. It's very quotable, very laughable and very watchable, with an array of 'What ever happened to..' stars of yester-year. The ultimate 70s/80's crossover film too, I was going to say it's Barbarella for boys but Barbarella is kinda for boys anyway. Anyway - You have to see this film at least once, it's the rules!
½ January 20, 2016
Gloriously hokey, revelling in cheesy squalor, the good girl gone wrong ... but she's dating You (and that makes all the difference until she tells you she's pregnant!). So badddd.