Top Secret! Reviews

• Dec 16, 2020

It had its moments. But fell short for me. That real cheesey sketch skit humor is sub par for me personally and that's all this was.

• Dec 16, 2020

Lesser known ZAZ comedy doesn’t hit the delirious highs of Airplane! or The Naked Gun, but it’s still incredibly silly.

• Dec 07, 2020

Genuinely abysmal attempt at comedic acting. Weak casting, lame jokes.

Genuinely abysmal attempt at comedic acting. Weak casting, lame jokes.

• Apr 13, 2020

HALARIOUS!! A must watch for those who enjoy slapstick comedy.

HALARIOUS!! A must watch for those who enjoy slapstick comedy.

• Dec 09, 2019

A few things seem a little dated now, but a whole lotta things are very funny and timelessly classic! -This movie is surely underrated and overlooked all too often. But I for one shall gladly watch it another day before too long now.

• Apr 19, 2019

a forgotten masterpiece of elaborately set up gags and hilarious jokes.

a forgotten masterpiece of elaborately set up gags and hilarious jokes.

• Kevin M. W Super Reviewer
    Mar 12, 2019

In 1958 breakout rock and roll star Elvis Presley was drafted into the U.S. Army, frustrating his fans while delighting his numerous detractors, fearful of a sexual revolution - which kinda happened anyway come to think of it. But what if that real event had been more like one of his goofy movies, or say more inventively, a WW2 or Cold War movie? And so Top Secret takes it's inspiration, and it's many liberties, with Val Kilmer (in his first role and doing all the singing too) as a traveling American music idol caught up behind the Iron Curtain in espionage intrigues. There's plenty of laughs interspered with plenty of Back To The Future-style (which this preceded by one year) musical numbers. Some fun.

• Mar 08, 2019

My all time favorite stupid movie!

My all time favorite stupid movie!

• Feb 26, 2019

Everyone in the film is spot on and plays their roles brilliantly. In addition to Val, the film also has a rather robust cast including Peter Cushing, Jeremy Kemp, Michael Gough, Omar Sharif and many others. https://latetothegame.blog/2018/11/29/key-movies-of-my-life-top-secret-1984/

• Sep 09, 2018

Mostly for nostalgic reasons. Yes it's ridiculous, but I still do laugh my ass off when I watch it.