Twins Reviews

• Dec 28, 2020

Funny and entertaining.

Funny and entertaining.

• Oct 03, 2020

At the most fundamental level, all narrative art asks its audience to suspend disbelief in order to accept and enjoy the world as it is framed and presented, whether on stage or on screen or on the page. The premise here, however, is so absurd—that an adonis like Schwarzenegger might for any reason whatsoever be kin with a troll like DeVito—that suspension of disbelief is not a prerequisite to enjoying the fiction but is the entire motivating force behind the plot. In that sense, the story is little more than an uneven attempt at justifying its own ridiculous existence—which is something that pretty much any movie with either these actors needs to do anyway, and so the film is, on another more successful and subtle level, a metatextual statement on the Hollywood star system of the 80s.

• Sep 05, 2020

Terrible horrible cringe pretty boring movie starring Arnold and Danny devito. It's your average cringe fest of a 80s movie that you'll forget about. For some reason tons of people like this movie. I don't get it, the poster is cool but man the movie is bad. I can see that it made tons of money cause everybody is talking about it but man. I was hyped for this and boy was I wrong about this movie. Cringe waste of time.

• Sep 02, 2020

Some people will get by on the comedy alone, but the characterisation is terrible and the story beats predictable.

• Aug 31, 2020

It isn't difficult to imagine what much of the comedy will revolve around with the title and two leads but the plot will still likely offer something you were not expecting...

• Aug 12, 2020

What a cast the story is clever its funny and very enjoyable

What a cast the story is clever its funny and very enjoyable

• Aug 08, 2020

This very funny and crazy and interesting

This very funny and crazy and interesting

• Aug 07, 2020

Good watch, could watch again, and can recommend, if you're okay with a date movie. This movie holds up surprisingly well. It is dated quite a bit, just the dollar amounts they mention are off, and car phones and pay phones. I give full credit to the delivery of Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny DeVito that keeps this movie enjoyable after all this time. The premise is almost laughable in 1988, but since then we've come so far as it actually being possible that this moves from science fiction to realistic fiction. Yeah DeVito's character is awful on the redeemable side, and Schwarzenegger is comically pure, but it's about using both extremes to find a middle ground in the solutions to our problems. It is also about families reuniting, and strengthening bonds: it's a touching story when you get past the comedy and gunfire. Worth a watch if you can stand a trip in the way back machine to 1988.

• Jul 07, 2020

Terrible horrible cringe pretty boring movie starring Arnold and Danny devito. It’s your average cringe fest of a 80s movie that you’ll forget about. For some reason tons of people like this movie. I don’t get it, the poster is cool but man the movie is bad. I can see that it made tons of money cause everybody is talking about it but man. I was hyped for this and boy was I wrong about this movie. Cringe waste of time.

• May 24, 2020

The movie was pretty good and quite funny aswell. It's definetly weird seeing Arnold and devito so young