Where the Heart Is - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Where the Heart Is Reviews

January 20, 2017
This movie is one of the most aggravating films I have ever seen. With characters who are absolutely idiotic, doing things that make absolutely no sense, will frustrate you to no end. Combine that with only acceptable acting, a horribly predictable and melodramatic plot, and not a single element of the entire film being interesting, and you get 2 hours of frustration, annoyance, and utter disdain.
January 19, 2017
A watchable drama, although it kind of drags after awhile. The only thing you will really end up remembering about it is that Natalie Portman gave birth to a baby in a Wal-Mart store. (First full viewing - In my early twenties)
November 24, 2016
Smart drama with heart. Might be a melodrama, but with these stars: Who cares? Should be on Blu-ray.
½ October 16, 2016
The best way I can describe it is: white Tyler Perry movie. I'd tell you the plot but there's SO MUCH OF IT!!! And not in a good way. More of a "cram anything and everything into this movie and see how much it can take before it explodes" way. The surprising thing is, the performances are quite good. Better than this film deserves. Hence it's 1 and 1/2 stars.
September 9, 2016
One of my favorite movies! I liked it better than the book. The cast is amazing!
August 26, 2016
I absolutely love this movie. My aunt and I used to watch it a lot when I was a kid.
July 18, 2016
Charming performances by Portman and Judd put the film at ease.
½ March 15, 2016
Still lovely to see , Portman was perfect ...Fine story ! But now seen enough girl-movies the last week ! SOMDVD
February 5, 2016
Excellent movie . I mean it not Oscar worthy but it is a great movie with a lot of heart.
November 16, 2015
Look it didn't change my life or make me want to move to the deep south or such, but it got me interested enough to read the book, and the book ... WOW! So I chalk it up to a fine success, either way!
June 23, 2015
I love this movie so much...Wish i had it.
June 7, 2015
An unoriginal and forgettable melodrama.
May 27, 2015
The cast is wasted on a putrid script and poor character development.
January 11, 2015
funnu tragic and a great drama
½ December 31, 2014
Una historia romantica con tintes de drama que pasan cada temporada en la tele local siempre entretiene verla, la historia es hacerca de una chica que es abandonada por su novio en wallmart lo curioso de ella es que tiene la idea de que todo lo malo que le sucede esta relacionado con el numero 5, una historia bonita para verse sin problemas un dia cualquiera.

Por cierto mi madre la esta viendo mientras escribo esta reseña.
December 28, 2014
Cute tale of survival and romance southern style. Great cast.
December 4, 2014
this is a good movie
November 26, 2014
it's a great cast, but the entire film feels pieced together haphazardly and events seem to happen without any connection to any other scenes.
½ November 12, 2014
October 18, 2014
I want to wAtch the movie!