Swept Away Reviews

• Oct 29, 2019

I swept this movie out of my mind

I swept this movie out of my mind

• Sep 15, 2019

I know it didn't get great reviews, but I really enjoyed this movie. The visual part was beautiful; the possibility that this could have happened at some point in time...

• Sep 10, 2019

I read about this movie that is was really bad, but I saw some of Guy Ritchie's other movies which I liked, so I just thought to give it a try. I was amazed by this movie. The breathtaking cinematography, great acting by Madonna, Adriano Giannini and a great supporting role by Bruce Greenwood. This is a compelling and catchy movie and I never lost interest until the end of it. And this despite the fact that I normally don't particularly like romantic movies. Besides that, for me personally, I think this is Guy Ritchies best movie and Madonna's best acting performance.

• Jun 11, 2019

What even is this movie

What even is this movie

• Apr 21, 2019

Compelling and meticulously crafted, Swept Away is proof that Madonna can actually act.

• Apr 01, 2019

One of the worst movies ever, and definitely the worst acting from Madonna. Just awful.

• Jan 15, 2019

Really not as bad as critics have made out. It’s not the best movie, and the scenes where he’s slapping her a kinda uncomfortable to watch, but on the whole it’s a decent movie that kept me entertained. It’s the only film I’ve seen Madonna in, and can’t understand why she was slated as a bad actress so much. I feel this movie received unnecessary hate - there are far worse movies out there with much higher ratings.

• Jan 09, 2019

it seems like critics heard the name madonna and immediately gave her low rating

• Feb 26, 2018

Turquoise waters, a secluded beach, and Madonna's RIPPED arms: I disagree with the negative ratings based on the scenery alone. The "love" story was fraught on both sides, so I ignored the romantic montages. However, I found the story intriguing in a heavy-handed European kind of way. It swept me away to a desert island and helped me feel class-based Schadenfraude while folding laundry. Not too bad.

• May 26, 2017

Swept Away is a marvel. Seriously, how does something this awful exist? It's like Ritche was trying to create the most despicable, hateful, caricatured and ugly characters and story he could, and then cast the most unwatchable and annoying performers he could. It's an abusive film, both to its own people and to culture at large, and ranks among the worst film-watching experiences I can think of. Long story short: it's not very good.