Cabin Fever - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cabin Fever Reviews

January 18, 2017
The mix between gore and black comedy makes this an instant classic!
November 24, 2016
There is no other way to put it, but Eli Roth is a dick - a nihilistic, misogynist, homophobic and racist dick - and this piece of crap is like a horror movie made by Adam Sandler full of odious characters who are stupid beyond belief, and I couldn't wait to see that guy Bert get torn to pieces.
October 22, 2016
Certainly Eli Roth's best movie, and I know that's not saying a lot considering his track record, Cabin Fever is one of those movies that feels like it was written by a teenager trying to be edgy and "adult" by throwing in tons of gore and nudity but without the slightest hint of self-awareness. In most most movies, this would be extremely annoying. In this case however, it actually works in its favor - sort of. Eli Roth certainly has a passion for horror movies; that much is true. Unfortunately that passion tends to overshadow writing a consistent tone, likable characters, and genuine scares. And yet for all of its faults, that misguided passion makes the final product bizarrely charming. The decisions made by some of the characters and their dialogue will actually make you go from cringing in embarrassment to slapping your head in total bemusement. You just can't turn away from it. Touching on inconsistent tone again, one minute you're watching a kid shouting "pancakes" and randomly karate kicking one of the main characters and then the next you see a young woman get viciously torn a part by a dog (and no I'm not making any of that up). Cabin Fever is not a good movie but it's so unapologetically nonsensical and over the top, and seemingly so unaware of that fact, that you won't be able to look away. If you're a gore hound or just like weird movies, then definitely give this a watch.
½ October 22, 2016
One of the dumbest movies I've seen. The best part is the chicks ass.
October 17, 2016
creepy as hell. There's something deeply unsettling about this film.
½ September 10, 2016
OOOOOOOOOHHHHHH FACED! SCRATCH MODED.
½ August 23, 2016
Too disturbing to look away and too disgusting to not worry about these characters.
August 23, 2016
Cabin Fever is very gory, not scary at all though. Although it wasn't scary, there were intense moments, decent performance, gore. All these factors made this a decent film.
July 13, 2016
Great fresh idea and plot. It was really interesting for the first 35-40 minutes but it got super predictable and the acting in it was mehhhh bad. It's a decent watch.
June 28, 2016
The best Eli Roth film to this day.
June 24, 2016
One of those movies where you fast forward to see the end. Just to see
what happened, but don't actually want to watch it.
½ May 27, 2016
Cabin Fever is a weird movie. In it's core, I think it actually kinda is a spoof of scary movies. It plays some cliches on a way that they seem ridiculous, acting and dialogues are terrible and the completely unexpected and out of tone ending scene, makes the theory stronger. There no being any real killers or beasts to fear, you question if it's really a horror movie or just a thriller. And yet, germophobia is such a real fear nowadays that it can definitely be a very scary movie, not to watch, but to feal scared after watching it.
½ May 22, 2016
This movie is horrible.
April 19, 2016
classic campy horror with a semi original story. love it. humor and scares
Shane Sackman
½ April 16, 2016
Cabin Fever makes no attempt to break new ground or re-invent classic material, it is a straight up re-telling of a horror cliche, but that is perfectly fine. The punches, scares and gore are all mixed just right, creating a fine addition to a horror staple.
April 8, 2016
started watching for cliches but then scenes some may find predictable i found unexpected because horror isn't really my goto genre so I'm new to a lot of these tropes. overall the film was bloody and you had to use your imagination for a lot of the scenes like cerina vincent being torn up by a dog its blurred out but foley and screaming had me covering the screen during that scene.the one scene that stuck with me is karen's face being eaten by the dog that seems to happen when you see a sweet montage and then it pops up.
March 22, 2016
For a silly horror flick, I found this sufficiently entertaining. And the little gag setup at the beginning (with a payoff only at the very end) was refreshing.
½ March 2, 2016
Eli Roth sucks Eli Roth sucks Eli Roth sucks Eli Roth sucks Eli Roth sucks Eli Roth sucks
½ February 28, 2016
I can't believe people thought this was groundbreaking.
½ February 23, 2016
Definitely agree that it's more gory than scary. But still a fun movie nonetheless due to the comedic element. If you're looking for a horror movie to scare you, this isn't it. There are a few jump scares and some cool scenes here and there, but other than that it's basically a comedy more than anything else.