Cabin Fever - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cabin Fever Reviews

½ November 6, 2017
What you get out of this movie depends on the mindset that you come into the movie with. I saw this movie for the first time and it was better than I expected it to be. I came into this thinking it was gonna be the usual teenagers with all the stereotypes go up to a cabin and then shit goes down, and the first half hour or so reflects this. If you have ever seen The Cabin in the Woods then you would have believed that the beginning of it was taken from this movie. But then things change and you start to see what this movie really is. It doesn't take itself seriously, it knows what it is and it makes the movie infinitely better. Maybe I am giving this movie too much credit for being intelligent, but this is definitely a movie to watch with some friends while drinking or smoking, then you can enjoy it for what it is.
½ October 17, 2017
A revolting and clichéd low-budget gore film. Maybe if "Cabin Fever" was more of a satire of its genre, then I could've enjoyed it.
October 16, 2017
Lol was this movie supposed to be bad? Because it was really bad.
October 3, 2017
PROS: Interesting plot. Decent gore. Rider Strong is likable enough. Somewhat satisfying ending (Spoiler) with Strong bleeding out in the water and infecting it (End of Spoiler).

CONS: The writing isn't great. I cringed when Strong abruptly tried telling the blond he likes her. The frat boy, stoner and deputy characters are a little too cartoonish for a horror movie. The directing and editing felt clumsy, even for a low budget film. And did I hear a white dude say the N-word at the end of the film?
½ August 12, 2017
A decent mix of genre homage and some well done practical effects aren't enough to keep Cabin Fever from feeling mediocre and lackluster.
½ June 28, 2017
Inspired by the traditional horror location (a remote cabin in the woods) cabin fever features a group of teenagers surrounded by an unknown infection. Not knowing what to do or how to combat the infection they all turn on eachother. A great violent horror, with blood, blood and more blood.
June 20, 2017
Awful acting but some ok scenes
June 11, 2017
This is the first horror movie that I remebmer watching as a kid. I still remember the scene where a girls is shaving her legs and they are filled with scars.
½ May 26, 2017
A film that has its pluses, but is overdone on a number of levels. Cabin fever wreaks havoc throughout the film with unending buckets of blood while slowly knocking out the characters one by one. Nothing ever really felt coherent and I didn't seem to care towards the end. It could have been so much better...and I wish it was
May 13, 2017
For hardcore horror fans, this film is a must. The douchey characters might turn people off, and the homophobic slurs they constantly spew out will definitely steam a few people's clams, but that's the point. The characters are supposed to be complete dicks; it makes their deaths all the more entertaining for the audience. Go see it
February 15, 2017
Cabin Fever is the bomb nigga...
January 23, 2017
Cabin fever was mostly gory, not scary at all. It has decent performance , great 80s homage. However , it is silly at times, the story was ok, and it was predictable.
January 18, 2017
The mix between gore and black comedy makes this an instant classic!
November 24, 2016
There is no other way to put it, but Eli Roth is a dick - a nihilistic, misogynist, homophobic and racist dick - and this piece of crap is like a horror movie made by Adam Sandler full of odious characters who are stupid beyond belief, and I couldn't wait to see that guy Bert get torn to pieces.
October 22, 2016
Certainly Eli Roth's best movie, and I know that's not saying a lot considering his track record, Cabin Fever is one of those movies that feels like it was written by a teenager trying to be edgy and "adult" by throwing in tons of gore and nudity but without the slightest hint of self-awareness. In most most movies, this would be extremely annoying. In this case however, it actually works in its favor - sort of. Eli Roth certainly has a passion for horror movies; that much is true. Unfortunately that passion tends to overshadow writing a consistent tone, likable characters, and genuine scares. And yet for all of its faults, that misguided passion makes the final product bizarrely charming. The decisions made by some of the characters and their dialogue will actually make you go from cringing in embarrassment to slapping your head in total bemusement. You just can't turn away from it. Touching on inconsistent tone again, one minute you're watching a kid shouting "pancakes" and randomly karate kicking one of the main characters and then the next you see a young woman get viciously torn a part by a dog (and no I'm not making any of that up). Cabin Fever is not a good movie but it's so unapologetically nonsensical and over the top, and seemingly so unaware of that fact, that you won't be able to look away. If you're a gore hound or just like weird movies, then definitely give this a watch.
½ October 22, 2016
One of the dumbest movies I've seen. The best part is the chicks ass.
October 17, 2016
creepy as hell. There's something deeply unsettling about this film.
½ September 10, 2016
OOOOOOOOOHHHHHH FACED! SCRATCH MODED.
½ August 23, 2016
Too disturbing to look away and too disgusting to not worry about these characters.
July 13, 2016
Great fresh idea and plot. It was really interesting for the first 35-40 minutes but it got super predictable and the acting in it was mehhhh bad. It's a decent watch.